Author Topic: SMC Leveling System Won't Retract  (Read 5593 times)

Les Brandt

SMC Leveling System Won't Retract
« on: May 03, 2015, 01:08:19 AM »
2001 Beaver Patriot.

I just replaced one of my jacks on the passenger right front as it would not retract. We started the leveling sequence and blew the two drivers rear hydraulic hoses. They ran too close to the muffler.

That now fixed, on doing the retract sequence, the drivers rear Jack would not retract. We ran the leveling system again and tried the retract and the lights flashed around and showed the left and rear solidly lit. None of the four jacks retracted. The retract did not start. We tried the manual retract and nothing started. No noise from the hydraulic manifold in either retract mode.

Could this also be a Bypass relay? Key pad? ECU?
Thoughts anyone?
I haven't a clue! Frustrated as Heck!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:50:11 AM by Les Brandt »

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: SMC Leveling System Won't Retract
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:51:04 AM »
Sorry that you are still having issues with your jacks Les! 

I know how frustrating it is from my year long issues with these jacks.

I've been trying to think of what may be the cause of no retracting. Are you sure the reservoir is full of fluid. Alliance Coach cycled my l/r slide to bleed a lot of air from our system one time and it helped out with ours...that was before the left rear jack major leaks. I don't know of what else it could be, but will keep thinking about it and write if I think of something.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
I know very little about this system but my understanding of the manual retract is that it is supposed to bypass all of the electronics and just apply the retract voltage input to the pump solenoid and the right fluid solenoid valves. It would seem that might be the easiest troubleshooting path to look at and see why voltage either is not being applied or not functioning the components. BCS has decent knowledge of this system given they have designed a manual switch control replacement system. They may be able to explain the manual retract button and what they drives.

Later Ed

Les Brandt

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »
Does anyone know where the front circuit panel and fuse location is on my 01' Patriot?

I don't see it in my electrical bay. Just wondering if there is another location.

Les Brandt

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 02:07:45 AM »
Update:

My mechanic re-programmed the SMC Keypad. All the jacks set and retracted! WOOHOO!

We'll see what happens when I get it out of the shop.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Bob Jae

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:16:24 AM »
Great News Les!

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 04:08:44 AM »
That sounds like a great fix......I had my fingers and toes crossed for results.

Finally some good beaver News!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl