Author Topic: Air Quick Connect a Info  (Read 5827 times)

Michael Hannan

Air Quick Connect a Info
« on: May 21, 2015, 06:16:24 AM »
Does anyone know if the air quick connect in the battery bay is suitable for use with air tools?

Thanks

Gerald Farris

Re: Air Quick Connect a Info
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:25:45 PM »
Michael,
You can run air tools from that air source if the engine is running. However, do not expect it to stay up with high volume usage tools like a large impact wrench or air grinder. The tanks are too small and the compressor does not pump enough air with the engine at idle to stay  up with tools like that unless you spend a lot of time waiting for air pressure to build for short usage time.

Gerald   

Corey Osborne

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:00:13 PM »
is it suitable to air up tires or same issue?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »
Corey, you might want to review this previous thread:  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,4277.msg32453.html#msg32453

Yes, you can inflate your tires from the coach system's outlet, but it'll take a little cash and effort because it won't work easily as is.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:18:12 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 03:57:24 AM »
Corey,
The onboard air supply will air up your tires if you do not need too high a pressure reading. Most onboard air systems cut the compressor off at the 120 PSI to 125 PSI range, so if you are running 120 PSI in your tires like I do, it will not produce enough pressure to air up tires without modifications. However, if you are running 100 PSI, it will work if you have someone occasionally hit the brakes when the compressor turns off to keep the tank pressure close to 120 PSI, but it will take a little time.

Gerald

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:36:28 AM »
 For what it is worth I just carry a 200 psi compressor in the storage compartment to use for tires, tools,  or whatever else you need to do with compressed air and just in case I ever need to manually "air up". It doesn't take up too much room and gives me some piece of mind, I think I paid about $200.00 Canadian for an oil less 5 gallon model that was on sale at the time. 
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:42:39 PM »
My solution for compressed air to inflate my tires was to mount a 3 gallon tank in the basement that I hooked to 2 Viair 380 12 volt compressors that are wired through switched relays to a pressure switch that cuts them on at 160 PSI and off at 200 PSI. This system does not supply enough air volume to run my impact guns unless I spend a lot of time waiting, but it is excellent to maintain tire pressure.

Gerald