Author Topic: Solar Controller Location  (Read 5414 times)

Mike Groves

Solar Controller Location
« on: June 07, 2015, 11:57:46 PM »
Anybody with a hint as to where to find the solar controller on my '99 Marquis?

I purchased an updated solar controller from BCS about a year ago, before another Beaver owner with a similar coach was kind enough to guess that I had a blown fuse on one of my silverleaf boxes which was yielding crazy solar information.  He was right on the money!  Replaced the fuse, no more problems.

Since I didn't need the new controller, I offered to send it back to BCS but they didn't offer to give me my money back and I think it was something like 25% restock, so I've kept it.  They couldn't tell me where my existing controller was - just generically, like under the bed (lots of stuff under the bed and nothing there looks like the new controller).  :)

Thanks,
Mike

Bob Jae

Re: Solar Controller Location
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 12:26:45 AM »
Mike
I have a 2006 Monterey so may be different.  Mine is in the tank utility bay.  Its right inside the panel in front of the back tires.  It unlatches underneath and swings open on mine.  Hope this helps.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:36:57 AM »
Mike
on our 98 Pat.  The solar controller was in the engine compartment under the bed.  On the bulkhead at the foot.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 03:01:10 AM »
Mike,

Where were the fuses for the silver leaf?

Mike Groves

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 04:13:24 AM »
Keith,

Was the controller in a bigger box?  The new one is certainly not waterproof so being in the open like that wouldn't be good I wouldn't imagine.  I do know there is a large junction box where you describe.

Tom, the fuse was on one of the silver boxes on the wall that separates the waste water tanks from the rest of the basement.  There are a few there, but only that one or maybe another had a fuse on it.  I can look on Tuesday.  I'll be using the coach for the next couple of weeks beginning then so I can take a picture.  It's been over a year since that fix, but I believe I can locate the box.

Mike

Mike Groves

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 12:55:50 AM »
Mike,

Where were the fuses for the silver leaf?
Tom,

The fuse I was talking about is located in the basement on the back wall which is between the basement and the enclosed "water works" for our coach.  As you look at this wall from the second large basement door, on mine I see a TV JACK and to the right of that are 3 silver boxes in a vertical line top to bottom of the wall.  The lowest one has a BLUE (5 amp if I remember correctly) sticking out of the top center of the silver box.  That's the one I replaced to again get proper solar readings on the CMP.  Oops!  Looks like I referred to these boxes as silver leaf boxes, but the silver leafs gets it's data off the ECM I guess.  Sorry Tom, I may have misled you!

Mike