Author Topic: Repair/ replace fridge  (Read 3532 times)

Laurel Moore

• BAC Member
Repair/ replace fridge
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »
I have a 2009 beaver contessa with tag. My Dometic fridge has an air block.  Would like a referral to repair, and a referral to install a resident  elec fridge as an option. I live in Missouri, but would travel up to 600 miles for a nice job. Thanks for any help.
Laurel Moore
2009 Beaver Contessa 43ft
Toad 2011 Jeep Wrangler

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Repair/ replace fridge
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:33:30 AM »
Laurel, you will no doubt get a better idea from others here. 
The RV fridge uses ammonia which can crystallize and create a blockage.  No older than your refrigerator is I would talk to Dometic.  I do know that a blockage can  often be cleared with a heat gun which is basically a super duty hair dryer.  The last one I bought was about 15 dollars so it might pay to try it. 

Good luck
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Dan Murphy

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:34 PM »
Laurel
We also have a 2009 Contessa and we replaced our Dometic in March. It still worked but not very well! We love our Samsung RF18 replacement.
We had ours installed in Florida but I would not go there again.
We spent a week in Goshen IN. at a Maintenance Seminar for Holiday Ramblers in May. There were several service people there and they all do installs. One outfit I really liked was Master Tech out of Elkhart In. They did some work for me at the rally and they were very good and reasonable.I would give them a call. You should be able to Google the number I don't have it handy. I know they have a place you can park at their facility and have power.

Laurel Moore

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
Thanks for the info,I will call them
Laurel Moore
2009 Beaver Contessa 43ft
Toad 2011 Jeep Wrangler