Author Topic: Aqua Hot parts  (Read 5690 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Aqua Hot parts
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:53:29 AM »
Where do most owners go for parts on their Aqua Hot? 
I bought a 10 mic.fuel filter from NAPA to replace the Parker Raycor.  I thought I payed too much but it was in stock so ok twenty bucks and be prepared next time, right?  Oh heck no.  Aqua hot wants 36 bucks for it.  They list an in line filter that I used to buy at Shucks for under 4 dollars, aqua hot wants about 20 dollars.  Hundreds for the little fuel pump.  It just gets worse from there. 
So my question is, are we held hostage or is there some option?  Am I missing something?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Edward Buker

Re: Aqua Hot parts
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 12:55:31 PM »
Keith,

The parts for the Webasto burner are German design and made and you do pay Mercedes prices. It is a company with a captive audience, being a unique burner, and there are a lot of expenses and extra profit added in for all the companies in the chain that sell, import, and resell again here in the states. It is also a low volume set of items. Once in awhile you can see some parts on Ebay with a lower price but you may not get the quality part that you are looking for from that source. I also think the Webasto parts are extraordinarily over priced for what they are. The two parts that you should be able to find decent priced sources for are nozzles and filters. Those have U.S. company and individual sources that compete but the era of the $4 filter is probably behind us unfortunately. If there is a reasonable priced source, I have not found it, that being said I am happy that we can get the parts rather than the company going out of business.

Later Ed

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »
Where do most owners go for parts on their Aqua Hot? ........
I buy from Roger Berke. 

http://www.parts.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
When I needed the high limit Aquastat I shopped around and found the cheapest was directly from Aqua Hot.  Burke was close but his shipping cost was ridiculous while Aqua Hot was free.