Author Topic: Shurflo Accumulator tanks  (Read 4959 times)

Gary Wolfer

Shurflo Accumulator tanks
« on: June 04, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »
I have two online accumulator tanks in line the second one in line has a leak so I assume the bladder probably has a hole. Is it repairable or new one required? If I need to replace do I just turn the water pressure off and release the pressure on the tank and if so how much pressure should I put in the new one? (or rebuilt one)

Gary Wolfer

Re: Shurflo Accumulator tanks
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
I just went out to see how bad the accumulator tank is leaking. One is  leaking and one is not. They have a valve stem on top of them so I checked the pressure on both and there was no pressure with a tire gage on either one but the one is leaking around the center where I assume the diaphram is. Is there supposed to be pressure there all the time? did it bleed off? Does it only work when the water pump is working? we have been on city water not using our holding tanks.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:22:58 AM »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:22:52 AM »
Thanks Joel
I will charge them with 20 PSI first It said they should be checked monthly, I have never checked them probably why there is no pressure in them. I cannot find the model# anywhere but I think the specs on the 181 series  is are all about the same They can be had for 29.00 to 50.00 all over even at amazon so I guess 17 years they deserve to be replaced. That is a good link should be made into a sticky.