Author Topic: Monaco Parts  (Read 7997 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Monaco Parts
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:42:59 PM »
The Monaco Saga continues.

When our coach broke down after the Kerrville rally we had Massey Diesel (Phoenix) repair trouble shoot and do the repairs for us.
In September we order the required parts a new main hydraulic pump, new power steering pump, and a new hydraulic cooling fan. All of the parts ordered in September but the cooling fan had to be made. This required 6 months of waiting for the fan, they did ship the other 2 parts in
September.  The Fan did show up the last week in February and was installed.

I drove to PHX to pick up the rig for the Hemet rally but on the way we had more problems. Power steering was not working well because of low pressure. The engine was over heating.
I returned to Massey and they pulled the power steering pump then placed a new order for another new Power Steering pump from Monaco. The good news is the 2nd new pump 
Is working.

The new issue with Monaco is they only warranty the parts for 90 days and will not issue a return authorization  for the first pump even though we could not run the rig without the fan motor. So I am out the $1400.00 for the 2nd pump.

The parts guy at Monaco “Brandon” will not talk with us further. ASV is apparently one of those companies that have no brains

I plan to go to the top and contact Mike Snell(Pres of MonacoRV) regarding a credit on the defective part.

I will let you know if I get any justice
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:30:35 AM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Les Brandt

Re: MONACO PARTS
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:42 AM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Frustrating!

Like these rigs aren't expensive enough to fix when the fix actually works!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 02:50:14 AM »
I know what you mean Les,
I did get a call from Mike Snell this afternoon and he is looking into the issues for a refund on the parts. I am hopeful that Monaco will stand up and take care of this it will save me on the parts $1700. I doubt they would pay any of the labor for the second install.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Richard McQuillan

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
Jerry,

Please keep us all posted on how this works out. It is issues like this that end up revealing the real ethics and sincerity of a company. I hope the final resolution includes a company policy that allows line managers to overide something like the 90 day limit when it makes sense without having to elevate the issue to the senior executive level.
Dick McQuillan
2004 38' Monterey Huntington

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
 Dick I feel the same way about this,  I really felt that I should not have been forced used the Mike Snell card. When no one wants to talk with us this is very frustrating.. .

When a parts managers or any one dealing with customers with a problem has developed an attitude of indifference or I will ignore them until they go away this is an internal problem that is an indication of a corporate attitude this style of business will kill the customer base.

After my flying days I was a CEO of a very successful business with an 80 year heritage. It was my theory that I saw the need to empowered my supervisors with the authority to make reasonable decisions. The staff needs to deal with problems not run from them policy is a guide but should never be a line of defense. We are dealing with a customer why would any company want to alienate a customer that will ruin any good will developed. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

neil omalley

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:07:45 PM »
Damn, Jerry ! It truly is a saga! Good luck . Not too bright on Monaco's part :)

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »
Jerry and all...What you indicated herein will definitely determine what kind of a company AVS will eventually turn out to be.  We have all had experiences with company successes that "so goes service, so goes the company's image" one would want to associate.  We all hope the company's service policy will support us costumers and have the ability to be flexible in situations as Jerry is talking about.  Good luck, Jerry. :-\
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Roland DuBree

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 01:26:50 AM »
In the past when i go to Monaco or Beaver for parts numbers I always ask for the manufacturer and the manufacturers part number.  So far I have always been successfully in getting the info from them.  It causes extra work for me tracking were I can get the one item I need because some manufactures do not sell direct or only sell in quantities, but I have always be able to find what I need on the internet a local auto/truck parts store or some place at a much lower cost then the Monaco/Beaver price.