Author Topic: Slide out lock  (Read 3336 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Slide out lock
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
I have a 2006 Beaver Marquis. The slide out lock on LR slide driver side has worn a slot where it was making contact. I put a piece of metal across slot and it has been working fine. Now the arm that makes contact is dropping down to low to make contact with my piece of metal. It looks like a screw has come loose in the mechanism that holds the lock. I can see it from the top looking down
behind the black plastic shield. If I drill out the plastic rivets on the black shield, can they be replaced with pop-rivets? I want to take the plastic shield off. Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:32:40 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
2006 Marquis

Paul Schwalen

Re: Slide out lock
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »
Hi Bobby,

I have a 03 Contessa that has the slide locks on the large slide behind the drivers seat.  If the lock you are describing is the same as mine it is easy to remove the black plastic cover.  With the slideout out enough to access the plastic piece take a block of wood and place it at the bottom of the plastic and rap the wood upward with a hammer.  I have not removed mine in some time and kind of remember a screw at the top of the mechanism that stops the plastic from coming off on it own so you have to remove the screw to allow it to rise about 2 inches or so and then you will be able to see the complete locking mechanism.  There are some springs that return the mechanism so that it will not extend when the slide is out

I had to replace the springs and they were hard to find and if I remember correctly the company that made the locks does not make them anymore.

Good luck,

Paul

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »
Yes the Plastic Rivets can be removed and replaced I found some push in flat rivets at a local hardware store these did not have the drive in pin and I have found them to be kinder on the seals. I would suggest you call BCS about the locking unit they did change one for me about 3 years ago
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 02:16:05 PM »
Thanks for the input from everyone. I removed the locking mechanism and fixed my problem and it was not easy. The top
piece that locks the slide when closed had gotten bent so I had to take it apart and straighten it, not easy but got is done and it is working ok.  Had to go to Alliance coach to get plastic rivets (2.79 each $%$#@). Lock is made by Kwike and the price was 1100.00. Thanks again for the help. The FORUM is great.

Bobby
2006 Marquis