Author Topic: No Air Brakes!  (Read 12861 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: No Air Brakes!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 01:03:40 AM »
Update:  The RV dealer that replaced the exhaust pipe came through.  No questions asked and fixed the airlines and a couple of electrical connections that looked a little iffy.  The only damage not repaired was the "flowing plastic" fuel line purge panel.  Not sure what it's called.  Since it wasn't working before I didn't feel right about making them replace it.  The name of the facility is Eagle's Pride RV.  It is in the Great Outdoors RV Community and Resort in Titusville Fl.  I highly recommend them.  Thanks again for all your support and advice.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »
Jerry, looking at your air lines that disformed and melted that was a very wise choice
to make and having repair people stand behind problem makes a happy ending. Air system
with air brakes there is very little room for error other than the spring brakes coming on when
air reserve drops to 50 pounds. Dave Atherton retired Cat Mechanic
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Joel Weiss

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »
Pardon me if this sounds like a stupid question, but when you say you will take this to the insurance company are you talking about an extended warranty/service contract or do you mean regular insurance?  If it's the latter, would you be claiming this under collision or comprehensive?  I'm puzzled as to how it would be justified as an insurance claim. 

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 10:36:47 PM »
Joel, when we were stuck along side the road the road service guy said that there was a pretty good ding in the exhaust pipe.  I asked him if that is what caused the pipe to fall off the muffler.  He replied that he really didn't know but said it was a crappy job that they had done putting the exhaust pipe on because it only overlapped by 3/8s of an inch.  He pointed behind us and the shoulder dropped off and there were a few large rocks around on the shoulders.  He shrugged his shoulders.  If the RV dealer had claimed that the heat damage was caused by me hitting something and knocking the muffler off thus causing the damage, I would have claimed the damage under my collision policy.  I really think that the muffler fell off, caused the damage and when I pulled off the road the pipe, which was hanging lower than normal hit something.  But the ding gave me another route just in case.  Make sense?  luckily the RV guy agreed that the damage was caused first by the pipe falling off.  What came first?  The Chicken or the egg?
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH