Author Topic: New Aqua Hot Exhaust Pipe  (Read 6117 times)

Lee Welbanks

New Aqua Hot Exhaust Pipe
« on: June 13, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »
After I've had my Aqua Hot exhaust pipe burn up a couple of Drainmaster sewer hoses because the dummies at Monaco thought it would be a great idea to make the exit of the exhaust pipe exactly under where the sewer hose comes out I removed 9' of pipe and installed 5' of new 2" exhaust pipe. I also got rid of the heat shields that stuck down, I got 50' of 2" exhaust wrap with the SS bands and painted the whole thing with VHT black paint. Now it comes out in front of the Rt side drive tires. I was worried that we might get some exhaust fumes into the bedroom slide but so far none that we can tell.
I know that most if not all coaches exhaust out on the utility side, but I thought I would try this side as we never have the unit on except in the mornings when showering and if it is running to heat the coach we are not outside anyway. Had it running yesterday morning and I was out having some coffee and it did not seem any louder than when it was out the other side. I know that now it is not a noticeable in the coach, especially in the bedroom.
I figure if this doesn't work out I can redo again and run it out the other side but not under the sewer hose like the brains at Monaco.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: New Aqua Hot Exhaust Pipe
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
Nice job it fact it makes more sense to go out the passenger side to me, you are not pumping exhaust into the rig next to you at the dry camp.   
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Lee Welbanks

Re: New Aqua Hot Exhaust Pipe
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 10:33:10 PM »
Jerry, I agree with your comment so we'll see on this years trip up the west coast and across Canada and back home to Az in Oct. Like I said if we don't like it I can always run it out the other side, but not under the sewer hose.