Author Topic: Water Dripping from Under Dash - A/C Condensation?  (Read 4031 times)

JimNCheryl Domenoe

Water Dripping from Under Dash - A/C Condensation?
« on: June 21, 2015, 03:21:42 PM »
I have been getting wet feet the last several days from a dripping under the dash.  It is getting worse and the carpet is saturated around the foot area and now migrating beyond there to the top of the step area.  This is occurring only when the dash air conditioner is on, which with the recent weather, has been all the time.

I have looked under the dash to see what possible source of the water is present.  I can't see anything that looks like it should generate any water, but I can only speculate that it is condensation.  I don't know all that much about a/c systems, but I don't know why it would occur here.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?  The carpet is beginning to get a musty smell and I had a fan blowing on it all night, but it is still very damp.  But that's another problem in itself.  I am most concerned with where the water could be coming from.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2000 Marquis Jasper.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Water Dripping from Under Dash - A/C Condensation?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
I don't know about your coach, but on my 2005 PT, the condenser for the dash AC is up front.  Mine was leaking quite badly and it blew the control board in my generator.  You might take a look at that as it could be the source of your water.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

JimNCheryl Domenoe

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »
Thanks, Warren.  I will try to get up front and take a look.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
Jim,
I had the same problem on my Marquis (same year). If the drain for the AC condensed moisture is plugged the collected water will blow in through the door that opens in front of the pedals when the ac is on and soak the carpet. (My problem was compounded by a leaking heater core that mixed antifreeze with the water). You can reduce the amount of water that blows in by not running the AC on Max as the door will close (I think).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

JimNCheryl Domenoe

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:21:54 AM »
Steve, the door that you are talking about is closed.  I am back in New Mexico where the humidity is so low that there was not much of a dripping today.  Not sure I will be able to locate it with this low humidity.  I will keep an eye on it.