Author Topic: dash air conditioning  (Read 3658 times)

Rod Tomlinson

dash air conditioning
« on: June 24, 2015, 04:12:23 PM »
1996 36' Beaver Monterey. Dash ac was working fine. Turned it on this morning and get air, but not cold. I noticed there is a button on the dash that is marked ac that yo can push in, but no light or whatever. Is the fan that blows the air and the actual ac function different. Fuses etc????

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: dash air conditioning
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 05:06:47 PM »
My dash air has a rotating dial to adjust cooling and heating.  For cooling I rotate the dial to the far left(?), blue line area and push the a/c button.  I assume the a/c button, when depressed and lit, turns on the a/c function.  I also have a co-pilot button to allow the co-pilot to run her own settings.  I would assume if the a/c button does not light up when depressed, then there is a problem with actuating the dash a/c.  I have not had this problem and have not read here on the Forum about this problem.

I subsequently searched the Forum and found this:  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,1015.msg6254.html#msg6254
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:16:18 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

neil omalley

Re: dash air conditioning
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 08:05:51 PM »
Rod: yes the fan and the a/c are different functions. The fan will run without the a/c. I find the light on the a/c is VERY difficult to see. You almost have to look at night with all the lights off and your eye close to the light.:)