Author Topic: Entry door floor slide.  (Read 23970 times)

Dan Murphy

Re: Entry door floor slide.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »
Oh crap!! Thanks for reminding me my door seal still does not work! I was feeling great this morning because my new cooktops turned out so well!
Now I need to screw up my courage and go shopping for RV parts again.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »
               Jeremy, The air solenoid valve your coach and mine is a Norgren 4-way part#K71DA00KS6K121W1 It is available from beaver parts for 265.00. Maybe someone may chime in on the forum where else to find one. The cheapest I found on Amazon was 209.00 although I did find similar ones for 23.00 on ebay but they were not Norgren valves. Hope this helps,  Fred

Side note to Joel, went and looked at my entry door for a bladder seal. The only bladder I can find is the one located just above my 2 legs. LOL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:53:13 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 08:25:56 PM »
Perhaps we should just go to calling it "entry door air seal", so I'm not misconstrued when talking about it being full only when your engine's running, you're in gear, and your door is closed.

Joel
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:30:04 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 12:29:42 AM »
Thanks everyone for so much great advice.   I have  found a Mac 45A-AA2-DFEA-BA  air solenoid that Monaco uses for the step cover.   Its widely available.   

George H. Wall

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
Jeremy, Where did you find your solenoid, and what was the price, if I may ask?  Henry

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »
Hello Henry,
 apologies for my tardiness.  I just closed the sale on our home and moved back on board our Beaver.
  Here is a link that might help you.
 http://www.ebay.ca/sch/sis.html?_nkw=MAC%20Valves%20Model%2045A%20SA1%20DACC%201BA%20Solenoid%20Valve%20New%20Old%20Stock&_itemId=370991647587

George H. Wall

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »
Thanks, Jeremy !!!

Christopher Clark

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
           Jeremy, Went and looked at the valve hoping the get a name or model # unfortunately I did not bring any tools to remove it and look on the back side. I'm thinking maybe a "Norgren" anyway, if your inclined to this kind of repair, Beaver coach parts will probably have it. I would try and find it independently and save 70 percent.  The silver valves on the bottom regulate air flow, may be able to shut off air flow then unplug the solenoid to eliminate the electrical draw on your batteries until fixed.   

Regards, Fred

Christopher Clark

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
I have the same solenoid as pictured in Fred Brooks reply. Can anyone explain a test procedure for that specific solenoid? I also question the rocker switch, three blade switch, top blade has power leed, 2nd blade unused, 3rd blade has a leed but no power no matter switch position? Could 3rd blade be ground? Unsure how that switch could activate solenoid?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 04:28:27 PM »
my 2005 uses this Humphrey valve http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/D1052.html (it's $30) for the step slide cover. Perhaps this could be used in place of the more expense valve Fred describes. Is there any substantial difference to how these valves function?

Christopher Clark

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 07:44:36 PM »
Unsure? Not sure wiring and air pressures etc would match up? Maybe someone else knows? But I have confirmed,I’m not getting power from switch to solenoid. There is power through assigned relays(2), power to switch, no power out? Guess I’ll jump switch? I was un sure how a 2 position switch could activate the solenoid for 2 directions?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »
My two-position switch is just Slide "Open" or "Closed".

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 12:40:25 AM »
My experience with motor homes (severely limited) is the range of models was set up just like GM did when they had Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Chevrolet.

Example

Cadillac had power door locks standard
Buick, optional
Oldsmobile, optional on some models
Pontiac, don't even think about it
Chevrolet, no way

Cadillac had power windows standard
Buick, optional power windows, power door locks standard
Oldsmobile, power door locks optional on all models
Pontiac, power door locks optional on some models
Chevrolet, what are power door locks?

Cadillac had power mirrors
Buick, optional power mirrors, power windows and door locks standard
Oldmobile, power door locks standard, power windows optional on all models
Pontiac, power windows optional on some models
Chevrolet, power door locks optional

I don't know the hierarchy between Buick to Chevy, this is just an example.

We looked at several Beavers, and bought the 2005 because many of the nice features that models like Marquis had for a long time had trickled down to the Monterey. The Hydro Hot and the air leveling only were two of the best ones, along with the power bay doors.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Christopher Clark

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 03:27:28 AM »
Mike, do you know if your switch is a three blade or two? If 3 blade, do you have a wire to all 3?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »
This how my Step Close Out switch is wired (on my coach the wires are all white color with black writing). So three terminals used (Open, Power, Closed) and the other two terminals are the switch lighting.

This switch is in my drivers panel console. The other Step Cover switch is on the right side of passenger Seat (I did not pull that switch so I can't confirm if it wired the same).

I'm also attaching a diagram for the '07 Contessa Step Cover, but this model looks to have electric motors (not air an actuated) step cover. I don't think it is of any use to you - but it is interesting. In this setup there are two momentary (Step Cover) switches used to control the Step Cover motor "relays". They switch the ground side of the relay.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:16:02 PM by Mike Shumack »