Author Topic: 2002 Beaver Contessa- reputable service near lower michigan  (Read 6000 times)

Denise Geisman

My husband and I purchased a used Beaver last year.  Unfortunately the previous owners had several health issues and the motorhome had sat idle for almost 12 years. 
We have used it for a few short trips however the last stay produced several issues ranging from a leak into the upper kitchen cabinets (which after removing the awning seems to be related to the levelers more than a leak in the outer seal), leveling issues, to a power source draining all of the batteries.  We have two trips planned; one later this month and one in August therefore we need to locate a reputable repair place within 100 or so miles.  We live in lower, south central Michigan. 
All of the manuals we were given do not have sufficient diagrams to trouble shoot.
If anyone has a suggestion on a repair source or a source to gain electrical and leveling schematics we would be very thankful for the help.
It is a 2002 40' beaver contessa diesel pusher.
Thank you in advance!
Denise and Ron

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: 2002 Beaver Contessa- reputable service near lower michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:29:55 PM »
There are a number of shops in the Elkhart area. The only experience I have is with Master Tech there. Tim, the owner was our service person. The services performed are done well. Their shop rate is $110.00 per hour, except for electric, its $120.00.

28717 Holiday Pl, Elkhart, IN 46517
Phone:(574) 522-6224

They have 50 amp hook ups and water available. I was there three days last spring waiting on a part. Perhaps someone will suggest others.

Not too far from Niles, MI and the rest of SE MI.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
Had very  poor service at Great Lakes Western Star in Monroe. MI. Do not  recommend.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Denise Geisman

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:05 PM »
Thank you for the quick replies!  I will try to schedule an appointment in Indiana.  Thanks for the heads up on Monroe!

Dan Murphy

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:57 AM »
We recently attended a Holiday Rambler Maintenance Rally in Elkhart and we had some discussions with some people from Veurinks RV from Grand Rapids.7144 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
(616) 281-5111
The owner has been attending and sponsoring the Holiday Ramblers for some time and they are a big HR dealer and they also service Monaco,Beaver,etc.I believe the owners attend the rails all the time and mix with the owners.I think they said they were at least a 3rd generation RV dealer.
f II was in their area I would give them a call.
I did have a tech from Master Tech try to fix a door seal for me at the rally. He could not locate the part and took all the info and said he would work on finding the part. He never called so I called Master Tech RV-----TWICE----and explained the issue and asked if they could find the part and I would come up there for them to install.The last call was over 3 weeks ago I still have not had a call.
I really got the impression from Tim during a seminar that they are looking for big jobs maybe that is why they have never called me back..

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 04:45:40 AM »
We have had service work done by Veurink's, and were satisfied with the quality and price.  They repaired a leak in our Aqua-hot boiler rather than replacing the unit which I believe most service centers would have suggested.  Saved us thousands, and as of yet, about 2 yrs., no problems.
07 Contessa
C9;400HP

John Jahr

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
I've also used Veurink's in Grand Rapids MI and was very happy with service and price.

John