Author Topic: Electrical diagram for 2000 Monterey  (Read 7275 times)

David Handley

Electrical diagram for 2000 Monterey
« on: July 22, 2015, 03:15:14 AM »
Looking for an electrical diagram for a 2000 Monterey.  I have lots of manuals provided by the previous owner, but no electrical schematics.  Thanks.

Bill Sprague

Re: Electrical diagram for 2000 Monterey
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:07:27 AM »
I've got some scanned copies from a 2003 and 2004 Monterey book that Monaco gave me.  They may be the same.  Let me know if nobody offers 2000 versions.

Bill

David Handley

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
The coach has never been used to tow, so I'm wiring up a tow connector.  Thankfully, the factory provided the wire extensions in a bundle secured to the receiver hitch.  All the extensions are white in color, but I've traced them all out, but two.  One of the two has to be a ground, but it's not a good one, so I'll pull another ground lead.  I was hoping the other was a 12V lead, but if it is, it's not working. I was looking at a diagram of a 1998 Patriot coach I saw on the Forum, and it looks like the sixth wire may be for backup lights??--not much use to me. So, if I pull another lead for a 12 volt pin, any suggestions on where to source it?

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
                 David, the sixth wire may be the brake wire. All the wires i believe have writing on them, however may be difficult to read. Check each wire output before you wire the plug. I'm not sure if your coach has yellow turn signal lenses. You may need to add a "3 to 2 splitter"  to combine your brake and turn signals into one so your tow vehicle will be compatable. If you're going to add a "charge line" I would run it from the chassis battery thru an inline 20 amp fuse to the plug, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
The coach has never been used to tow, so I'm wiring up a tow connector. 
That was not in the books I got!  I recall that one, maybe two, wires ran to under the dash and were unused and badly labeled.   The purpose was to provide something like a brake light indicator or other accessory to accommodate various towing systems.  When I had my system installed a new wire was strung to avoid confusion and save time. 

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
David,
Bill is correct. There are 2 wires that run from the rear connector area to under the dash. I used one for my toad brake indicator. If memory serves me correctly they come through the electrical bay and up into the dash area just forward of the console to the left of the driver. They are both numbered every 3 feet or so. A wire tracer is really handy if you have access to one.
For a 12 V source, you could use one of those wires to pick up 12 v from the electrical bay but I think it may be simpler to pull 12V from the chassis batteries or engine area. Just be sure to fuse it properly (5a or so).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

David Handley

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »
                All the wires i believe have writing on them, however may be difficult to read.

Fred, thanks so much for the help.  After I got the wires out of the bundle, I was able to make out the lettering on them.  One of the ones I could not identify was a back-up light and the other was marked GROUND, and after some stripping I did get a good ground reading.  All set now--just need to pull a 12v line.  I'll follow your suggestion regarding the fuse.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Bill Sprague

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
David emailed me for electrical diagrams.  I put mine and some I got from someone else in a Public Folder on DropBox for anyone that wants them.  They won't be there permanently but will stay there until I need my DropBox space for something else.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jad6yjoa1nsgvdv/AABMQN1MhOIRrxmuyE06ttfda?dl=0