Author Topic: Gas range cover  (Read 11544 times)

Tom and Pam Brown

Gas range cover
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:16:40 PM »
Need the left side cover for cook top on my 1999 Marquis,  it is off white.  Does anyone know of the source?

Edward Buker

Re: Gas range cover
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 07:49:55 PM »
Tom,

Most shops that work with solid surface materials should be able to match up the color and make one.

later Ed

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »
Thanks Ed, should be a experience to see if they can match it and their price. 

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »
It is good that no epoxy work would be needed but there is labor in cutting, shaping, and polishing. Someone who has routers and saws that does woodwork could also do this if you have a source.

Later Ed

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
There is a place here that makes synthetic counter tops, gonna give them a try first.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 12:27:22 AM »
               Tom, I believe it may be Corian by dupont,  Let me check it out and I can make them for you. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 04:07:26 AM »
Fred,
Original mtl was Fountainhead by Formica.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Les Brandt

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »
Beaver used Fountainhead solid surface countertops at that time.

Tom, is your one cover missing or broken?
As Fountainhead is no longer available, any of the Corian Countertop Manufacturers should be able to blind weld your pieces for a repair or come up with a very close match for replacement.

I would advise if one is missing to replace both covers. Otherwise it will be noticeable. With both covers the same, it will be less obvious.

One other thing to note, and reason to replace both, the thickness will likely not be the same.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 02:00:44 AM »
        Tom advised that it said Corian on the bottom of the kitchen counter top with arrows to indicate grain direction. Beaver must have changed vendors from 99 to 2000 because my Marquis has Fountainhead as you have tried to guide us in the right direction. Appreciate all the help, great people on the forum!
        Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Mike Groves

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »
Fred and Tom,

Having read that Tom reported his '99 used Corian as the solid surface material, I accessed the '99 brochure and it specifically says Fountainhead, then looked under my sink but  it says "Fountainhead" all over it.

Tom, I'd have to imagine your counter-top then, looks very different than mine.  Can you post a picture or send one to my email address.  I guess that can be done through the forum.  Just curious as to what it looks like.  Also, I'd have to assume your build date was prior to mine since the 2000s went to Fountainhead.  I guess its just a historical curiosity as to when they switched.

Thanks, Mike
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:18:12 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 09:06:56 PM »
Ok guys, your right it is Fountainhead.  When I purchased the coach the owner said it was Corian so foolishly I took his word and never looked up at the sink from underneath.  Of course you guys caught it and made me look!

Thanks guys.

Mike Groves

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:24 PM »
Well, it is the same stuff, its just the maker name, Corian, is a lot more renown.  Same, I don't know, sort of plastic mixed with something else that creates a solid surface and is easy to mold, but DON'T PUT hot cookware on it.  My wife was just about to place a hot pan from the cooktop into the sink, and I caught her.  She thought the sink was like the one we have at home.

Mike

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 01:34:58 AM »
        Mike, Good heads up on the hot pots on the surface. I had a Lady put a cast iron frying pan on Corian and it made a extremely loud popping noise and cracked the countertop. I'm pretty sure it made from polyester resin which makes it easy to work with.
        Tom, now that we know that it is Fountainhead, may be a challange to match the stove cover. I will do my best and keep you informed how it turns out.
        Regards,Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV