Author Topic: Aladdin error, all tanks read empty, LP reads full always  (Read 10235 times)

paulmatasso

Aladdin error, all tanks read empty, LP reads full always
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
This is my first post, and I am sorry if this has been covered. I have a 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder the display says the fresh grey and black tanks are empty at all times. Also the LP tank reads full always. Has anyone seen this problem. Should I just recalibrate the tanks or has anyone had the problem where all tanks read empty. Thank you ahead of time.
Paul

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Aladdin error, all tanks read empty, LP reads full always
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 12:31:36 AM »
          Paul, In the overhead cabinet above the drivers window, I believe there is an Aladdin reset switch.

Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 07:16:30 AM »
With several measurements off, it is indicative of the Aladdin needing a reboot as Fred suggests, rather than a calibration issue, Paul.  But some coaches have their reset, like ours, in the control/monitor cabinet panel over the entry door.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 12:56:08 PM »
Paul,
My reset is over  the driver's seat in the side panel.  Turn the Aladdin off for 30 seconds and then back on.  I don't know if this will work as the tank pick-ups don't always give a good reading.  If you have your manual, you might try to recalibrate the tanks and you might have to give Beaver Coach Sales in Oregon, talk to Ken Carpenter, to get the code to enter the recalibration. 
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

paulmatasso

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 02:04:53 PM »
Thank you very much for the response, is it exposed or behind the panel? I will be going to my storage location next weekend to work on several things. Want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks again!

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
Paul,

Do  you have an Aladdin manual? If not, I can send you one; I have it in .pdf format. It has the instructions for re-calibrating the tanks.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 07:59:32 PM »
There are two components that are unique to the four Aladdin tank readings, those being the Tank Sensor Module and the cable connecting the Tank Sensor Module to it's hub. I'd suggest you check connections at both ends and then, if necessary, check the Tank Sensor Module.

I hope the attached diagram is clear enough to read - file size maximum of 300KB prevents attachment of a picture of better resolution. If necessary I can email the complete diagram directly.

Good luck...

Bob
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »
If your coach is one with the reset switch in the driver's side window cabinet, it's often reported here to be behind a panel in there.  You may have to use a screwdriver to remove the panel, so take one with you, preferrably with multiple bits, including square drives.  Don't know why they hid it that way on some coaches, Paul - guess they wanted only trained techs messing with it, but that should have been only for some Aladdin parameters accessible via the Aladdin joystick/screen.  The switch is relatively innocuous.  As mentioned, ours is easily seen with the inverter monitor and other controls over the door.   But Roy's coach is closer in kind to yours, so it's likely in the cabinet over the driver's side window, like his.

If needed, the calibration code used to be 1218, but for the moment this sounds more like a reset issue rather than a calibration one.

-Joel
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:12:48 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 03:13:38 PM »
       I agree with Joel,  the engineers of the aladdin system knew there was a need for a reset switch. I cannot tell anyone what causes the glitch in the system. The likelyhood of all the tanks coming out of calibration at the same time is remote. The micro-pulse senders are dependable and usually don't go bad except for the waste tank because of poop jammed into the opening. Take the time to find the switch and don't recalibrate yet as this may muddy the waters.
           Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »
The switch does not say reset.  It looks like a regular on/off switch.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

paulmatasso

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 07:17:56 PM »
Here is my first update. I did find the switch and it was in the door above the pasenger seat. It actually says Aladdin, go figure... I reset it and while it did reset many of the settings on the main screen, it didnt fix my problem. On to search deeper.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »
Try re-calibrating the tank settings.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:49 PM »
Glad the switch was where ours is, as I suggested Paul, since it's easy access. 

But I'd check your connectors as Bob advised, before doing a calibration that can "muddy" the situation as Fred noted.  Recalibration may be an ultimate move here, but I'd still be suspicious of several tank measurements going haywire at once like this. 

See if the image Bob supplied guides you.  I also have a page or two of Aladdin system connections in my 2006 electrical diagram book if you need copies to help.  Aladdin modules are a bit spread out in the coach, but most on ours are on the left sidewall of the tank bay, the one with underlatches rather than an integrated handlatch and that's just in front of the curbside rear tires.  There may be a module in the front electrical bay too.

Check for secure connectors at all module ports, and for any corrosion on contact points that has added too much resistance in a circuit.  A water leak into a bay could have compromised a master connector on one module, or more than one elsewhere on multiple modules, so using the diagrams we can provide should give some guidance and understanding.

I'd go first to both ends of the cable 38040425 in Bob's image above, since all 4 of your faulty readings, and only those 4, feed from the Tank Interface Module - that's just too much coincidence.

-Joel
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:41:01 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »
I had the same issues with mine.  I waited until I was in a CG and followed the directions in the manual.  As I remember it was basically fill the tank and set it as full, empty and set as empty and so on probably not in that order.  It worked well.  The tanks seem to be close now.
Good luck
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH