Author Topic: Handy Light  (Read 4149 times)

Edward Buker

Handy Light
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:15:33 PM »
I purchased this LED flashlight awhile back from a local RV shop in Pensacola. There have been a number of times it has become my go to flashlight. It is bright, well constructed, has a magnet on the end which has not been that useful to me so far. The most useful feature beyond the regular flashlight is that it slides open and reveals a flat panel very bright LED. I find this light particularly useful when I need a broad cast of light and there is not a lot of room to work where a larger light would get in the way. I have used it under the RV and under the sinks.

Today I was working to remove old silicone, and reseal the Cesana enclosure to the base unit due to a leak. Very little space to work between the wall and the shower Arrrrrrg, getting older here and not so bendy. This light did the trick. Amazon stocks this light in case anyone finds a need.

http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-6156-flashlight-EdisonBright-batteries/dp/B00OMRCB22

BTW I looked up the Cesana instructions and they call for caulking only on the outside in their installs. Not the way mine was done. The silicone on the inside around the base of the enclosure may be holding in water that may become captive under the extrusions that might normally drain back to the inside. Not sure....

Later Ed

The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Handy Light
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »
Nebo makes good lights.  I've had one in the coach for a few years.  It looks similar to yours, but doesn't have the slide/sidelight feature.  I got a Nebo nylon sleeve holster for it too, and it hangs from a silver decorative 3M Command hook, one of several hooks like it in different sizes I put on the tile back splashes in the Monterey's kitchen.  It's extraordinarily handy there, central to most flashlight tasks I've run into, and I don't have to rummage through a drawer when I'm after it.  I first tried sticking it via the magnet to the microwave, but it won't stay put obviously on the road.

I've also accumulated a few Coast brand small lights around the house.  They are pretty good lights for the money, plus they come with an entreaty to send for another free penlight one direct from Coast here in Portland.  It's like BOGO, and I've almost too many of them now, if that's possible.  One is clipped to the soldering station and another that lays atop my small parts/electronics repair workbench is constantly used.  The Nebo has more features though, and I wish mine had Ed's sidelight.

Joel
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:02:13 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat