Author Topic: Hurricane problem  (Read 3814 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Hurricane problem
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:48:13 AM »
Our Hurricane system has been operating flawlessly on our first several trips, but on the last one we experienced the following:

-- The burner would ignite, then go out, then ignite a second time and then go out without restarting.
-- Following the second flameout, the "burner not lit" fault light on the panel would go on.

The manual suggests potential cures, several of which point to air in the system.  The manual notes that this sometimes occurs while or after using the generator.  We had the generator running for several hours to power the A/C.  It suggests bleeding the system, but I have no idea how or where. 

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Larry

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Hurricane problem
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:29:41 AM »
Larry,

On top of the unit there is a valve handle, there also should be a hose that is attached that goes nowhere, it just hangs.  With the unit on open this valve slowly( make sure the hose is in a bottle or can of some sort) drain a bit of fuel into the container and make sure air bubbles are gone.  Just takes a little bit.
Otherwise the nozzle may need cleaning.

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Thanks.  Lo and behold, after sitting for a few days, it fired up and stayed fired up.  Go figure!

Joel Weiss

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 08:01:18 PM »
The behavior you describe can also be caused by a dirty fuel nozzle.  I've found that the problem can be intermittent at first and then worsens over time.  The good news is that taking the nozzle out for cleaning is relatively easy.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
When I had that happen it was a bad ground.  I ran a new one from the brain box to a screw on the top of the unit.  Never had another occurrence of that problem.