Author Topic: HWH AIR LEVELING SYSTEM - CAN'T FIND ALL THE FUSES!  (Read 7709 times)

KC Snellgrove

HWH AIR LEVELING SYSTEM - CAN'T FIND ALL THE FUSES!
« on: July 31, 2015, 03:48:32 PM »
Hello fellow Beavers, I have had an interesting experience this past several weeks. I took my Beaver in for service at a CAT shop. Numerous problems followed, but most lately when I made a turn going to the beach not far from my home the entire battery tray slide out and got jammed. I limped it to J&M an Body Shop on McLaughlin Portland, Oregon and my friend Jim who owns it helped me out. I have never been able to get the tray out, which was one of the problems that did not get fixed at CAT. Anyway, Jim's crew had to repair the frame, got all the rust off of it and painted it. They also asked me where was the clips that was suppose to hold it in place. I said "CLIPS",,, got me? Come to found out CAT never put them back in also the tray was not pushed all the way in so the latch would latch either.... YIKES,,,so then when I tried to start my Beaver it would not go into neutral - the light would not go on. CAT sent a tech and come to find out a fuse was blown regarding the Allison Transmission. So finally I was on my way. Took the coach back to CAT they put in all new batteries (I paid for the house - ouch $ 700.00) they paid for the Interstate coach batteries. I got ready to go and tried to turn on the generator and it would not start...yes another fuse. In my hast I drove without putting it in Travel mode, so when I go home I went to level the coach and OOPS no lights -- no leveling...so it has got to be a FUSE. THIS IS MY QUESTION WHERE IS THAT FUSE LOCATED? I THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ASSISTANCE.

I called Ken at Beaver Coach in Bend Oregon. He told me where to find this fuse. It is in the cabinet above the batteries to the rear side of the Big Boy. It goes to the hydrolic pump. We put the ew 200 amp fuse in, but STILL THE LEVELING SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING.

PLEASE HELP! Well, a new 200 amp fuse was put in, BUT STILL THE LEVELERS ARE OT WORKING. The panel light does not light up. Does anyone know of where other fuses could possibly be so we can get this problem fixed?  

KC SNELLGROVE
2005 Beaver motery Huntington 28 foot CAT diesel.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:09:48 PM by KC Snellgrove »

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: HWH AIR LEVELING SYSTEM - CA'T FIND ALL THE FUSES!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
My air leveling brain box is located on the ceiling of the electrical bay - the outside basement door in front of the street side front tire.  There are several fuses in there.  I believe the box is stainless or aluminum and a couple screws allow its removal.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

KC Snellgrove

Re: HWH AIR LEVELING SYSTEM - CAN'T FIND ALL THE FUSES!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »
David yes thank you. We found that one, but no apparent problems. There has to be another one somewhere? KC Snellgrove
The following users thanked this post: David T. Richelderfer

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
THANK YOU GOD!!! Found the little darling - culprit in the master control box in the electrical box drivers side front. A tiny 3 amp fuse that controls to power to the control panel.
Thank you KC Snellgrove ,,, now off to play again.  8) ;D

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
Glad you found it.  Now on to the next problem.  lolol

The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »
KC,
 Fuses for these systems can be such a struggle.... I think we should have a topic called "System Fuses, Relays, or Resets". When anyone solves one of these problems, you would post the year, model of coach, the system, and the fuse, relay, or reset location. It would be best to add a photo of the items location but words are better than starting from scratch.

Keep it simple....something like this.

2005 Beaver Monterey Hunnington , HWH Leveling System, 3 amp fuse in master control box in the electrical bay drivers side front for control panel, 200 amp in the cabinet above the batteries to the rear side of the Big Boy. It runs the hydraulic pump.

I can create the topic or you can and copy and paste the last paragraph. Comments from anyone who might have another idea or think we should go ahead with this. It is maddening and expensive when you cannot find a fuse and we should not have to all retrace those same steps if someone has done that before. If you searched on that topic they should all be there to scan through as time goes on.

Later Ed

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:41:50 PM by Edward Buker »

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
Good idea.  That's why when I have started a thread and finally got whatever it was fixed, I try to summarize what the problem was, the fix, and the cost to get it fixed.

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:55:09 PM »
I posted the first one from KC, if anyone has an older post to add to the topic, try some cut and paste, just use the topic System Fuses, Relays, or Resets.

Later Ed

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 12:11:44 AM »
Thank you all. I have been able to check in and now see all the reply's. Yes, all is well - what a mess all from the technician not putting the clips back in the battery tray. From now on I am checking all the work being done on my rig.

Again thank-you.
KC Snellgrove
2005 Montery Huntington C-9 Olivia Jean!
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett