Author Topic: Dometic A/C repair kit  (Read 4748 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Dometic A/C repair kit
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:14:26 AM »
For those of you that have noisy roof a/c I have found a remedy! maybe this has been mentioned before but I have not seen it.

Dometic makes a SVC grommet kit that includes foam pads, anti vibration campers, and compressor grommets to get rid of the awful loud vibration.

I ordered mine from Dyer RV in Phoenix for about $17.00 and shipping charges. Now I don't have to turn my tv volume up when the a/c compressor kicks on, and back down when it shuts off.

I was almost ready to replace the whole darn unit.

You can order from their website: dyersrv.com!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Edward Buker

Re: Dometic A/C repair kit
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 02:25:32 AM »
LaMonte,

What is involved in installing this kit? Do you have to lift the air unit?

Later Ed

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 04:19:12 AM »
Ed, there are two foam blocks with self stick adhesive that you would have to lift the upper air unit to install in a different spot than original.. But I chose not to do this part, don't want to get a leak when I have none now.

I installed the grommets under the compressor which was basically removing the old and replacing with the new ones. Also two round weighted dampers were put in place on two of the compressor lines to stop vibration.

They show on a diagram and install sheet a few different ways  how to install everything according to what compressor you have .

My front air had a terrible rumble to it and drove me crazy at times. It is still the original unit from 2001 but worked great except for the noise it made.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »
LaMonte,

Thanks for this insight, our bedroom unit has some rhythmic noise that the front unit doesn't have. I had not seen a post on this issue before and did not know that they made a kit. Seems like a good chore to put on the list for this winter.

Later Ed