Author Topic: System Fuses, Relays, or Resets  (Read 3268 times)

Edward Buker

System Fuses, Relays, or Resets
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:50:37 PM »
2005 Beaver Monterey Hunnington , HWH Leveling System, 3 amp fuse in master control box in the electrical bay drivers side front for control panel, 200 amp in the cabinet above the batteries to the rear side of the Big Boy. It runs the hydraulic pump.

Courtesy Of KC Snellgrove

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: System Fuses, Relays, or Resets
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 04:30:23 PM »
This is copied and pasted from an event I experienced in June/July 2013.  The thread is long and the number of fuses replaced was many, but the event is well described and the link goes to the message I pasted below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally have everything done... I think.  This was a long, learning month.  In the end, to repair all the problems was not as expensive as I feared... actually, not even close to what I feared:

1. One ANL 200 amp blade fuse in the battery bay behind the BIRD and Big Boy access door - $10
2. One mini auto fuse in the generator - 50c
3. One auto fuse in the transmission module under the transmission keypad - 50c
4. Two auto fuses in the air leveling module in the front electrical bay - 50c each
5. One rectifier/diode on the ignition solenoid in the front electrical bay - $1
6. One mini auto fuse on main power going to the Kenwood behind the pilot's dashboard - 50c
7. Two mini auto fuses going to the Kenwood brain box behind the entry door handrail behind the co-pilot's dash - $1
8. One glass Buss fuse for the Cobra CB behind the pilot's dashboard - $1
9. A couple friends helping me one afternoon - paid one $50... had to force him to take it!
10. Stereo shop technician found the two blown fuses near the Kenwood brain box and one blown fuse for the Cobra CB - $50
11. Probably 75 miles of running around getting fuses - $20 fuel
12. Probably 60 hours of time looking, pondering, and talking on the phone asking for tips on where to look next.
13. And today my tank levels wouldn't report, so phoned Silverleaf in Albany... was told to find their TM-102 Silverleaf Coach Management Module (a small black box) to check its lights... ended up unplugging the main power plug from the box to reset it... now works fine.   By the way, the TM-102 was found in the front electrical bay, not in the tank bay by the several Aladdin black boxes.

Soooo... what's that cost in cash?  $135.  But we had our wings clipped for a month.  Just so you know, we are able to fly again, and fly we will within two weeks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To read the whole thread go to the following link:

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,2701.0.html
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!