Author Topic: A new level of clean  (Read 17052 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: A new level of clean
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
I'm with you Joel.  A good price is one thing but stacks of stuff still add up to no room to move.  My shop makes me look like a hoarder.  I still have parts for the Patriot!
I found the Zep at a truck shop / Cummins.  I paid more than in Roberts link but I am ok with that!
By the way, thanks Robert for searching this out!

Keith
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:12:04 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 04:43:01 AM »
All the ones that handle Zep products, including Ace and Lowe's, say they can't special order them - they're just not on their options list or whatever.  But Home Depot did say they can, and the fellow just wasn't sure if I'd have to guarantee to buy a whole case (4) or not [Not].  I stopped at multiple auto parts stores today and most don't even carry Zep stuff.

Frustrated, I may just have to bite the bullet and order Zep-O-Shine via Amazon.  My new Prime membership means squat, darn it, because it's shipped from a separate vendor.  Just seems pretty spendy, as Keith noted, and on top of the $26+ product is another ~$11 or so shipping.  Just as important as to whether I order it or not is that it has to come from W. Virginia I think, and won't be here in time for using before we are thinking of traveling - unless of course I upchuck a truly ludicrous amount for 2 day shipping.  I wanted to find it locally so I could wash the rig during the cloudy cool-down expected this weekend.  Zep in Bremerton can send direct from mfr., but haven't quoted me a price yet.

Between that and a spider bite staph infection threatening my ticker, and a deep teeth prophylaxis this morning, I'm having just a fine day.  Fine.

;D

Think I'll go do a single malt, take a breath, and maybe tomorrow will be a different ballgame  :o .   

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 07:27:50 AM »
Not even the scotch sounds like fun.
You found a supplier in Bremerton?
You might try H&R truck (repair shop and Cummins) in Port Angeles, Wa.  Thats where I got mine!

Hope tomorrow is better
Keith
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:55:41 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!