Author Topic: A new level of clean  (Read 16955 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
A new level of clean
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:01 AM »
We recently had our coach washed and waxed by a young family who made it their living.  I found it interesting that they used an old Amway product I had become familiar with years ago.  This stuff cleaned our coach pretty well and I was satisified enough after the wax.
Carol and I just washed the coach again and used a product I have been wanting to try but was too much of a skinflint to pay $23 for a gallon.  The product is Zep wash!  It is available at most truck shop stores and sure puts a shine on the coach.  No water spots and it doesnt take the wax off, but wow!  The absolute best part is the aluminum and chrome.  Sure, We polished the wheels a few hundred miles ago but dang, they look great!
Give this stuff a try folks if you havent yet.  The wash wax from Costco was cheap and worth what it cost but Zep is my new best friend!

Keith
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:58:46 AM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Carol Moffett

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: A new level of clean
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:49:53 AM »
Is that Zep-O-Shine Keith?  I don't see Zep Wash, but there's a lot of products made by Zep.  I've been looking for something to replace the now defunct cleaner made for my Mr. Clean wash and rinse system.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:48:50 AM »
Joel I am attaching a picture........I hope!
the product is called Zep - Blue Marvel car and truck wash

I tried attaching a photo but the smallest I could take on the tablet was still too large for this forum.  300 kb is a pain!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
I see 2 different items one is Zep-o-Shine with Polymer Wax Emulsion.( Manufacturer Part Number 0382 )

Bill I think the item at Walmart 6191853 Zep Blue Marvel Car And Truck Wash, 1 Gal . Perhaps Keith could take a photo of the product he has and post it for us to use for cross reference.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

neil omalley

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »
$83 a gallon ????????(shipping ?) cheaper to drive to Mexico :)

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »
I think the WalMart price must be for a box of 4.  Here is the same thing from Office Depot/Office Max with free shipping for just a little more and a box of four.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/206390/SKILCRAFT-Zep-Blue-Marvel-Car-and/

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »
Bill, Jerry anf Roy
Zep, Blue Magic car and truck wash
Bill that picture is correct.  I would post a pic but the forum wont take mine .
The truck shop I went is a little expensive and I paid $23 / gal.  It is super concentrated so 4 or 5 oz. Does the whole MH and wheels.  The result is so good that even though I didnt hand dry, the coach looks amazing!
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:06 PM »
Though I certainly believe your Blue Marvel will do great, Keith, the Zep-O-Shine product I ran across while looking for yours intrigues me.  If I can save shipping by finding either one locally, I'll be trying it.

By the way, I know you don't need to now since Bill's post, but for future need if you can get your pix from the tablet to a regular computer (emailing it to yourself, etc.), you can use Paint in Windows to easily resize them:  select IMAGE , then RESIZE/SKEW , and enter about 30% in the fields to reduce the size to a more acceptable kb, and Save it as a resized copy.

Thanks,
Joel
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:18:15 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:43 AM »
Yup, I can do that Joel.  Just not always near the office and a PC.  The smallest my tablet will do is about 900 kb which is 3x too big for the forum.  I believe Carols tablet is better.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 02:55:25 AM »
I was tempted by several I saw like that, for both the Zep-O-Shine and the Blue Marvel, but given a little goes a long way, though it's cheaper by the case, I'd have at least 3 jugs of it laying around the garage for a very, very long time.  Already got enough of that.  Still hoping to find a local vendor, because Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, and others carry Zep products, but not these automotive washes.  I'm hoping that perhaps my local Ace store can order it even though it's not their normal warehoused Zep product and, assuming that they can, without me having to take a whole case.

Otherwise I can get them direct from Zep or via Amazon for $30-$40.

If a group of us are going to be at a Rally, 4 should plan ahead and order a case at the $55+ price and split the cost.  I note also they have a gallon of Simple Green Extreme at a decent price.  Thanks for the link, Robert.

Joel
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:17:04 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 04:46:31 AM »
I was tempted by several I saw like that, for both the Zep-O-Shine and the Blue Marvel, but given a little goes a long way, though it's cheaper by the case, I'd have at least 3 jugs of it laying around the garage for a very, very long time.  Already got enough of that.  Still hoping to find a local vendor, because Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, and others carry Zep products, but not these automotive washes.  I'm hoping that perhaps my local Ace store can order it even though it's not their normal warehoused Zep product and, assuming that they can, without me having to take a whole case.

Otherwise I can get them direct from Zep or via Amazon for $30-$40.

If a group of us are going to be at a Rally, 4 should plan ahead and order a case at the $55+ price and split the cost.  I note also they have a gallon of Simple Green Extreme at a decent price.  Thanks for the link, Robert.

Joel
  Have you tried Lowes or Home Depot on-line for the product.  If you find it there they will usually let you pick up at the store without paying for shipping.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 06:12:49 AM »
Tried them.  Apparently Zep makes products in at least two categories, Commercial and Industrial.  It looks like these are Industrial products, and Lowes and H.D. and most local retailers sell from the Commercial line.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Roy Deeble

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Officesupply.com looked like a good deal at $55.20 for 4 gallons until I added it to my CART and free shipping became a $69.00 exception.  Guess I will look for a better deal.