Author Topic: Have a Curved Shower and DW Need a step to shave her legs???  (Read 3207 times)

Glenn Perkins

• BAC Member
  • 99 Marquis
Have a Curved Shower and DW Need a step to shave her legs???
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:40:51 PM »
Here's a simple yet effective solution that Betty and I came up with after a visit to a Bed Bath and Beyond:

Les Brandt

Re: Have a Curved Shower and DW Need a step to shave her legs???
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »
You could also mount a fold up seat like I've seen in some American Traditions.

Edward Buker

Re: Have a Curved Shower and DW Need a step to shave her legs???
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »
All of our wives seem to have the same issue with this shower and I guess if we do not want to be married to "Bigfoot" from a hair point of view we do owe some solution here. Standing on one leg and shaving the other would be pretty tough if I had to do it. Here is another solution although not as quick and easy.

I went to a shop that works with solid surface and pulled a piece of leftover material that was pretty close. That cost $20. You can work this material with saws and routers. Made a simple angled two piece arrangement and used some silicone and small stainless screws to attach it to the current shower. The two pieces are joined in an angled dado cut so that there are two gluing surfaces at the joint. The step angles down about 15 degrees although that is hard to see in the photos.

I had the shop that works with this, glue the pieces, when they could get to it while doing other jobs. They had done other work for me and did not charge me but maybe $25 would be a fair charge. So $25 to $50 and you can have a matching footrest with about 1-2 hours of labor if you have some woodworking tools.

Later Ed
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:58:09 PM by Edward Buker »