Author Topic: 2006 Patriot Thunder wiper stud needed  (Read 7868 times)

paulmatasso

2006 Patriot Thunder wiper stud needed
« on: August 24, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »
I am on the hunt for a driver side wiper stud, Not sure if this is the correct name, but looking for the part that the wiper arm connects to on the outside , and that connects to the wiper linkage on the inside of the coach. (#9 in the pic I attached)

I found one with Monaco but they want $425.00, I have also checked with NWRv supply and they didn’t seem to be able to find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: 2006 Patriot Thunder wiper stud needed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
If you run out of places to try, then you might try this place:

http://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/f/rvwipermotors-parts.pl?

I do not see the specific stud on this link, but it appears everything else is there.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
David my be right on the money.  I suspect that part is interchangeable between many of the Monaco coach's as well.

paulmatasso

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
Thanks for the lead. I checked with them, they dont take apart the front clip, which is why they have the motors but no parts listed.

Then hunt continues.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 06:18:06 PM »
Another thought - BCS in Bend last year had a newer-than-my Beaver in the back lot which was going to be parted out.  I believe it had a fridge fire and the coach was totaled.  They could have one in the Parts Dept and/or have one from the parted out coach.

That part, in fact the whole wiper system, has to be a common part found on many other vehicles - probably trucks.  If you could get the bad stud out so you could see it, then you might be able to match it to a common wiper system - similar to many other parts and systems found on Beavers that come from common systems found on other vehicles and trucks.  Also, if you get in there and see a manufacturer name on the motor and/or actuation arm between the motor and stud, then perhaps you could match it up.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:23:32 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:47:02 AM »
Try Larry at BCS parts.  He is often very informed on the origin of these parts and where they might be found.  That is if they dont have one in stock.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 01:55:24 AM »
Paul,
The supplier for Monaco was Diesel Equipment in North Carolina.  http://www.dieselequipment.com/index.php/contact/.
Contact them by calling. They were very helpful and able to supply me with blade replacements that were impossible to find elsewhere. 
Steven Link
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

paulmatasso

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
Thank you everyone for the help!

I was beginning to think I would just have one fabricated, because I thought I could get it done cheaper than the $400 quoted at the only place I could find that had one.
Steven, you nailed it. I went back under the rig to determine if there were any markings I had missed and noticed in small print Diesel Equipment. After a day of trying to reach the right person within the company it seems they had what I need, or a similar part. It is currently in the mail and I will update if it’s the correct one and works. Crossing my fingers.