Author Topic: On board Pressure Washer  (Read 13377 times)

Mike Groves

On board Pressure Washer
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »
Like many others in the new millennium timeframe of coaches, my '99 Marquis has an on board pressure washer with inlet at the plumbing station and outlets in the rear service area and front electrical bay, and the unit resides in the rear passenger side area next to the engine.  Does anyone have an owner's manual, and if so what is the startup procedure?  I know its highly unlikely that it works but before I take it off I want to give it my best shot.

Mike

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: On board Pressure Washer
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:36:03 PM »
We traded ours in but I had intended to pull it and bench test it.  I wanted to give it its best shot and check the prime and all.  I may even have an extra hose and gun for it if you find yours works
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Groves

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:33 PM »
Keith,

Thanks, my hose, gun, and bag look very little used, along with the detergent bottle and I think I have couple of wands too. 

Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:58:52 AM »
Mike,
Be very careful if you are going to try and fire it up w/o removing the unit. The water hoses are probably shot and will leak/break under pressure. If it is like the one on my 2000, it can be removed fairly easily and bench tested. It has a std AC plug and water connections. Due to it's location under the coach and next to the engine, chances of it being functional are very low. Mine ended up in the recycle bin.
Have fun in any case.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 05:10:57 AM »
Mike, I have a 98 Patriot which had the factory installed pressure washer. I used it every year while traveling until 2013 when it finally died.  All the fittings are the same as the Karcher washers.  I took mine apart but it was far more costly to try to repair it than to replace it which is what I did.   The only problem I ever had was that the pump would fail to start turning when power was applied. I solved that by boring a hole (and rigging up a plug) through the side of the bed platform to where mine was mounted on the drivers side of the engine. I would pull the plug, turn the pump a couple of turns with a long screwdriver then it would work fine for that use.

Operating one is pretty simple. Hook it up. When you turn on the electrical power (cord has a GFI breaker on it) be sure to squeeze the pressure wand (so it sprays) so the unit is not trying to start against a pressure.  All of the water and pressure lines were very robust even though at the top of the  CAT engine and that was never a problem.

I could never locate a new unit for under $200 that would exactly fit the old location so I purchased a cheap $100 unit from Amazon and mounted it this summer. I will be surprised if it holds up due to the engine heat but will eventually find out.  I had to have one high pressure extension extension hose made that was about a foot long and hooked everything else up with existing connections.

I did add a low point water drain under the washer as I live in COLD FREEZING  country so it would help when winterizing which I do annually. ( If you do any traveling in the winter where it is below freezing, you must have this unit winterized or it will freeze up and be destroyed)

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz

harry kew

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 05:41:11 AM »
I have the original pressure washer, hoses, wands and the Beaver bag that it all came in.
When we first got the coach about 4yrs ago I pulled out gave it a good cleaning and put it back together and have been using it, works great. As we live out of town and on well water I can't use use the water for washing. So I have made an adapter off the out side shower and I connect it to the the pressure water inlet, turn on the shower and it supply's the washer.
I have even made up a longer hose and have no problem going around the coach with out changing connections.
When I'm at the sani dump I always fill up the fresh water if it is good that way I have 100 gal. To wash the coach, toed, bikes or what ever needs washing around the house, or the odd time on the road if needed.
Would be lost with out it.
1999 Patriot  :)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:27 AM »
Harry, we had a small cheap pressure washer on our 40 Monaco for 12 years. Kept in wet bay and ran
A 1/4 hydraulic hose along frame rail to front by gen set. ( kept hose and windup front all the time.)
Pressure washer 1 1/4 rpm @ 1,000 psi. Used all the time to keep front windows clean of bugs. When
Filling motorhome at truck stop would take there long handle window brush and soap down front while
fueling. When finished fueling pull away from fuel pumps off to side of parking lot . At this point the bugs were soft , hit with pressure washer cleaned complete front of motorhome.End use of amount
Of water used, never used more than 2-3 gallons water at any time. Beats standing on ladder
cleaning bugs off windows and front.  Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Vern Bauch

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 03:22:46 PM »
I have a 2006 marwuis and have never heard of an on board pressure washer
my 2002 thunder did not have one either
how do you check to see if your coach has this?

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »
              Hi Steve,

Was the pressure washer an option on the 2000 Marquis? There is no evidence of a pressure washer on my coach anywhere but wish I had one. I would just love to hit the rest area and blast those nasty bugs off the front end! Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »
Vern, I bought my pressure washer for around $ 100.00. In my wet bay made a connection to feed
pressure washer off electric water pump pressure discharge with a tee connection and short water hose
2 foot.connection to pressure washer with water and power. ( it will suprise you how little water is used.
At first left hose and wand in wet bay but things worked so well, I made up a 1/4 size hyd hose ran along bottom of motorhome and crimped pipe thread ends to hyd hose , made a adapter to connect to
pressure from hardware store. I coiled up hose and wand and set on top of gen set and just opened front
everything was in place. just removed enough hose to wash front. Back at wet bay just connected water
and turned on little ball valve. than turn house water switch on and inverter fpr power. This was one of
best things that I think made travel with a diesel pusher fuel stops simple ( clean windows remove bugs
from front of motorhome before they bake on paint. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Mike Groves

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 05:11:38 PM »
              Hi Steve,

Was the pressure washer an option on the 2000 Marquis? There is no evidence of a pressure washer on my coach anywhere but wish I had one. I would just love to hit the rest area and blast those nasty bugs off the front end! Fred
Fred,

It was an option in 2000.  I've seen multiple 2000 Marquis coaches with them on.  In fact, I got so used to seeing them on 2000 coaches, I didn't necessarily consider that my '99 would also, but it does.

Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 11:21:29 PM »
Fred,
Mine was mounted on the pass side beside the engine just behind the axle. It hung down about level with or just below the oil pan plain so it would get all the crud from the road etc.
Steve
Steve

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 03:57:27 PM »
My 99 Marquis has the pressure washer and the quick connect points on the right rear and left front.  However, I have no wand or hoses.  This thread also indicates that there might be some form of detergent capability. Any information on where to obtain the manual, if any, and a source for the wand and hoses would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"

Mike Groves

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
My 99 Marquis has the pressure washer and the quick connect points on the right rear and left front.  However, I have no wand or hoses.  This thread also indicates that there might be some form of detergent capability. Any information on where to obtain the manual, if any, and a source for the wand and hoses would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Rick,

I've tried to find out and contacted a business that seemed to be the original author of the unit.  Their only advice was that they didn't have any support of it any longer and to remove it and have one of their distributors (of inner parts) recondition it.  They said that I would not be able to get the parts as an individual so the only option was to get it fixed through the network.

Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »
You can get a dandy elec pressure washer at Harbor Freight for under $100 and even less when it's on sale. I've had one for year at the cabin and it's worked fine. It's 1650 psi, more than enough for RV use and should store in basement with no issues.
Steve
Steve