Author Topic: Bay TV  (Read 4851 times)

Dick Simonis

Bay TV
« on: August 28, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
I'm considering installing a TV in the bay as a winter project but have a small worry about the existing TV bay cable.  I have not idea where that outlet ties into the existing coax runs.  I suspect the original installation slaved the bay outlet to the front TV and, if that is the case, who knows where it is now.  Especially after the cabinet remodel with the new 40" TV.

When we bought the coach I had my existing Hopper, node, and Joey moved to this one but have no idea what Danny did to the cables to get the Joey operational in the bedroom. 

Since we're still traveling, I won't have access to small TV to give it a try until we get home late Oct.

Has anyone installed a bay TV is this era coach or can you give me some g;guidance as to where to look for the coax.

Thanks,

Dick

Mike Groves

Re: Bay TV
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:29:45 PM »
Originally my guess is it would have been on a 1 input to 2 output splitter attached to the output on the switcher to operate the 2nd TV which also connected to the back bedroom TV.  That's where mine is now anyway.  Even though yours is a bit newer, its probably the same in that the assumption is you're using the 2nd TV as either the Bedroom or outside but both can be used simultaneously from whatever the output is from your switcher box.

Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:28:37 PM »
Dick,
As Mike noted, it's almost certainly up where you other splitters are located, normally in the left forward most cabinet (or behind it).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »
            Hi Dick,
     As I recall, there are 2 coax cables coiled up and ty wrapped up against the road side wall in the new cabinet above the drivers seat. I'm not sure if you can see them unless you can look past the components that now occupy that space. As I recall, there was 2 coax cables left after the construction. I believe I advised that I thought one of the coax cables was the factory install up in the roof for future satellite install and perhaps the other may be the bay compartment. If you can access them, you can ohm them out to the bay coax.
     If you want, we can figure it out when you arrive home in October. Have fun!   Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6