Author Topic: Looking for "Vintage" Beaver Owners  (Read 39179 times)

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Re: Looking for "Vintage" Beaver Owners
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 05:28:18 AM »
You may not reach all Vintage Coach  owners by the forum. You could contact the Beaver Tales Editor and maybe get some space in the BT to get in touch with other members.
Mike 

2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Joe Magie

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »
Joe & Barbara Magie
San Marcos, Ca

We bought our 1992 Beaver Marquis 40' about 2 months ago.  It's pretty much in original condition and if you can believe it, 25 years old and it only has 49,780 miles on it.  We are the 3rd owner ... as you can tell by the mileage, the first two didn't use it very much (but they both took extraodinarily good care of it).  The only damage on it was some  sun damage to the clear-coat on the white near the top at the front and the back.  We just got that fixed at Pacific RV Paint in Garden Grove, Ca.  Believe me, if anyone out there needs any fiberglass or paint work done, Jerry (he owns Pacific RV Paint) is the best...  He does great work and treats your coach like it's his own.  We stumbled onto him about 10 years ago when we had to do some fiberglass repairs on our first motorhome and have been coming back to him ever since.

Our hobby is bluegrass festivals and we are getting ready to take off on our first trip in our new "OLD" coach..... We are both really excited as this is our first Class A diesle-pusher.  I am attaching a picture of our coach as it was when we got it.  As soon as I get a picture of it after Jerry got through with it, I will post that also.

Joe & Barb Magie
 :) The world without Bluegrass would "Bf"  ;)

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2015, 04:55:36 PM »
Joe and Barbara Magey...Welcome to the family.  Violet and I own a 1990 Beaver Marquis with 240 K miles on it and when we bought it it had 23 K on it.  We bought it when it was 2 years old and have a very solid coach.  It doesn't have as many horses as those beautiful newer ones but it goes down the mountain just as fast.  Also, Wally and Iris Schmidt have a '92 Marquis the same color as yours is and they could tell you who owned the coach prior to you buying it.  They may also have your missing page for your back up lights, etc. 
Again, welcome to the group and if you can get to the Western Area Rally in Indio starting January 3 we'd love to have you there.  There will be about 35 Beaver coaches doing security there for the week.
Mandy and Violet Canales
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Bob Baldwin

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »
Joe
I have seen this coach for sale and love it. I do have a 1992 Beaver Baronet. My wife and I want to up grade to  a 1992 or 1993 Beaver Marquis, with the Florentine or Regent floor plans. I keep my eye out and hope to see some come up on the market.

Joe Magie

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »
Jack,
We recently bought a 1992 40' Beaver Marquis.  In getting some paint & running light repair, the back-up lights stopped working.  When the mechanic started trying to track down the problem using the schematics in my Beaver Service Manual, he found one of the pages referencing the backup light connections (E-0029, sheet 4 of 5) was missing.  I saw that you have a 1992 Beaver Marquis and was wondering if you might have your original manual with that missing page in tact.  If so, I would really appreciate getting a copy, as it may help the mechanic fix my problem.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me,
Joe Magie

Joe Magie

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »
Mandy,
Thanks for the welcome.  We are really excited about trying out our new "OLD" coach for the first time.  Unfortunately, we will be on our spring bluegrass trip during January, so we won't be able to do your rally.  All of our travel is pretty much bluegrass festival related.  We spend Jan-March along the Colorado river attending festivals in California and Arizona.  Then from June-October we do festivals in Oregon, Washington, Idaho then back east to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and Texas.  I don't know what you think of bluegrass music.. ( I guess it's not for everyone )...  but you'll never ever meet a nicer brand of people anywhere.  We stumbled onto our first festival in 2006 by accident and I guess got bit by the "Bluegrass Bug", because we fell in love with it and have been going to festivals ever since.  Thanks for the information about your friend that has a 1992 Beaver Marquis.  I will see if I can find them in the member directory and send them a message. 
Thanks again,
Joe, Barb & Chloe

Joe Magie

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
Mandy,
I tried searching the member list for Wally and Iris Schmidt and couldn't find them listed.  Do you have a way to get ahold of them so I could ask if they had that manual page???   I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Joe

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
They are listed in the pdf alphabetical Member Directory off the Private BAC Members Only board.  You just have to go through a couple links.

Don't know what list you were looking at that you couldn't find them.

Joel
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:32:35 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

JCMillerSr

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 01:04:52 AM »
Joe,

I have the schematics and have sent you a PM so check your mailbox.  Hope this will help.

Jack

Joe Magie

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2015, 03:36:36 AM »
 :)Thanks to everyone that responded to my cry for help.  I really appreciate everyones willingness to help out a fellow "Beaver-Pusher".  I can see where this site will be a great support group for folks driving older coaches and am glad I found it.  Thanks again,  Joe, Barb & Chloe.

JCMillerSr

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »
Joe,

I have scanned the sheet that you need but the file is too big to attach here.  If you will PM me your email address I will forward it to you.

Jack