Author Topic: Looking for "Vintage" Beaver Owners  (Read 38947 times)

JCMillerSr

Re: Looking for "Vintage" Beaver Owners
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 07:54:38 PM »
Here's a question for all you fellow classic Beaver owners.  Does anyone know or remember seeing whether the standard window awnings for the 89 to 93 Beavers were a solid color or multicolored stripes.  I know my main awning has been replaced at least once and is in pretty good condition however all of the window awnings are "tired".  The fabric seems to be in fairly good shape but the thread used for the seams is basically dry rotting and thus I am looking at replacing the awnings and would like to keep things original if possible.  All of the current awnings are a solid color.

Peter and Connie Bradish

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 11:34:40 PM »
Our 1993 had solid dark blue canvas awnings except for the main awning which had a white panel with the Beaver logo on it between two dark blue panels. They are all Zip Dee awnings.
Good news. We went to the Zip Dee awning factory in Elk Grove Village, Illinois and hand the fabric replaced on all our awnings. And they have permission to use the Beaver logo so they were also able to replace the main awning canvas with the white panel with a Beaver logo.
http://awningsbyzipdee.com/2701/index.html

As the brochures don't have pictures with the awnings out, I don't know the color combinations. However, I have seen some of the older classics with stripped canvas on their awnings. Perhaps Mandy or Wally can be of more help.

Connie Bradish

JCMillerSr

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 02:42:54 AM »
Our awnings are also a darker blue color except the main awning no longer has the Beaver logo.  Talked with Zip Dee today and inquired about the beaver logo.  They explained that they used to have someone that did the logo (air brushed) but no longer offer that feature.  Thinking about going with the striped awnings just to add a little personality.  From what I understand there was no set color scheme when the coaches were originally made.  Owners were able to pick and choose to satisfy their own tastes.

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 03:26:04 AM »
JC...Those coaches you are mentioning did have matching striped awnings.  I believe the Bradishes had an awning made with the Beaver logo on it but did have to pay around $300.00 extra for that logo in the middle of the awning.  Zip Dee still has the fabric called " classic" fabric for our older coaches.  This year I needed to replace some pull down straps and they sent me the exact same color pattern as is on our coach.  Since our coach had a mauve color scheme our coach had matching awnings all Around.  Blue coaches had matching blue striped awnings and also the green colored coaches had matching colors.  As far as I know those striped awnings are still available.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

James Tyler

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 05:27:48 PM »
We are so glad to see your topic.  We have a 1992 Beaver Contessa Marquis New Orleans 40 ft diesel. We love and enjoy it very much.  We too have agreed to keep our motor home as original as possible.  Our interior is all done in black walnut and have the best counter top space.
Right now, Jim is trying to replace some of the paddle latches on the storage doors.  We also need to caulk around all of our windows before winter.

We have experienced a few water leaks but Jim has been able to resolve them by r4eplacing some of the piping behind the shower and under the sink.

Safe travels and look forward to networking more with great ideas.
Jim & Sharon Tyler - Colorado

JCMillerSr

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 09:05:19 PM »
Welcome Jim & Sharon to our little group.

One thing is for sure.  You will never be bored or run out of things to do once you start looking for things to do around a motorhome (especially one that is 20+ years old).  I also need to redo the caulking around my windows and everywhere else for that matter but lucky for us we live in Florida so I am waiting for the weather to cool off before tackling that project.  I am about half way done with replacing all of the rubber window gaskets which appear to have shrunken up over the years leaving as much as a 1 inch gap.  Did not find any leaks but better safe than sorry.  If Jim has found a source for the paddle latches he should post this information here on the boards for others to benefit.  I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent researching and trying to locate parts (original or replacement) but that is half the fun of refurbishing one of these beauties.

Good luck

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »
Noting references here to blue awnings, we still have our new-in-the-box one if any new member and/or "vintage" owner is interested.  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,3502.msg32845.html#msg32845

-Joel and Lee
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Joe Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 05:38:29 AM »
I have a 1991 Contessa.  I want to remove my window screens and clean them.  Does anyone know the trick to removing the windows screens without bending them. 

Joe

Dennis Kitchens

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »
Spring loaded at top of screen, just push up on screen frame and bottom will pop out.

JCMillerSr

Re:Still Looking for "Vintage" Beaver Owners
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »
It is hard to believe that out of 600+ members of BAC we have only 6 "Vintage" Beavers.  I know there have to be a few more out there so lets hear from you!

Joe Lenhart

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
I have to replace my muffler and tail pipe for my Onan 6300.  I have the part number for the muffler but unable to find any part number for the tail pipe.  Is a custom pipe going to be my only option?

Joe
1991 Contessa

JCMillerSr

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 04:38:35 PM »
I have to replace my muffler and tail pipe for my Onan 6300.  I have the part number for the muffler but unable to find any part number for the tail pipe.  Is a custom pipe going to be my only option?

Joe
1991 Contessa

Joe,

That's one part I have not had to deal with, yet!  You might have better luck getting an answer if you repost your question in another thread, such as "Sources for Suppliers, Parts, ......".  Also, if you have not done so you might check with Onan to see if they can give you a lead.

Jack

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 05:12:36 PM »
James Taylor...I noticed in your post that you indicated that you had a 1992 Contessa Marquis, etc.  Contessa Marquis are two different coaches.  You have either a Contessa or a Marquis coach.  If you wanted any information for your coach you'd need to say one or the other to get the correct information.  This message is to help you determine which coach you really have.  Hope to see you at a rally in the future and see what BAC has to offer you and introduce you to a whole new world of friends, fun and fellowship.  Safe travels and welcome to this great club.
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Jed Smith

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 03:00:59 AM »
We are proud owers of a 1992 38' Contessa. This is our first camper and we are loving it. I have been very inpressed how well these coaches are made I will include some pictures of our coach soon. 138,000 miles  oak interior 300 hp Cat

JCMillerSr

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »
Welcome Jed.  Looking forward to seeing pictures soon.