Author Topic: Persistent Air Release  (Read 12314 times)

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Re: Persistent Air Release
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 06:28:49 AM »
ED and LEE, replacement of air govenor, lee you are correct a air governor is some thing
that does no go bad very often. many air govenors  have been changed out along with air compressors
because  troubleshooting was incorrect. once in a while air governors need to be reset for various reasons.
Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

JCMillerSr

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 08:00:32 PM »
J C Miller, the noise you hear sound like the air dryer is popping off, the reason you hear the
noise because air Dryer filter needs to be replaced. With your motorhome it one of the old style
type and my suggestion would put on the new style air dryer instead ( cost wise )

Dave

Finally heard back from the tech working on my air problems.  Looks like you were right on the money about the air dryer being the problem.  They will be checking next week to find a replacement.  You recommended changing out to the "new style" air dryer in your earlier post.  Could you give me a little more information that I can pass on to the techs before they proceed any further.

Thanks

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 11:32:09 PM »
J C Miller, thanks for the come back. We have been talking about air systems on the forum and
really have gotten, very good input on the subject from fellow Beaver members. What I would
suggest for air dryer, I would go with the Bendix AD-1S EVERFLO it is very simple to install
and maintain down the road. Ahead feel free to contact the forum if assist is needed again.