Author Topic: RE: auto fill valve  (Read 7334 times)

neil omalley

RE: auto fill valve
« on: October 02, 2015, 04:42:27 AM »
Before I tear the water bay apart - any one know if there is a fuse for the fill vales on an '05 Patriot Thunder ? Les?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:38:38 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Rick Adams

Re: RE: auto fill valve
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »
I know that there are in line fuses for the black and gray tank switches located behind the panel but not sure about the fresh water fill.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:34:47 AM »
Don't know about a 05 PT, but on my 06 PT I can get at the back side of the switches by opening the stainless steel door, check to see if your switch is getting power 12 Volts. If you have power through the switch its time to get to the valve and check the solenoid, if no power then its time to figure out why.
There are no fuses in my front run box for the valve switches and I have not seen any inline fuses behind that panel, but I would bet there are some someplace.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 01:55:36 AM »
Neal I am not sure about a fuse on the 06pt but I never fill with this system I use the manual fill at the top of the service bay, it's much faster.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:43:10 AM »
Neil,

I had that problem a few years ago. The problem then was the automatic hose retractor where it connected to the hose.  Somehow that became blocked and I could not fill.  I removed the hose retractor and made a straight line hose connect to where the hose was connected out of the retractor and have not had a problem since, but do not have an automatic hose retraction anymore.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

neil omalley

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 07:44:32 PM »
Thanks all. I gotta believe the failure of my Alladin system is part or all of the problem. It seems logical that the Alladin is saying the tank is full and not allowing the valve to open ( Just a guess) Until yesterday I has no gravity feed to fill the tank. Now I do . Drilled a whole and inserted a removable plug. Problem solved (for now) I still would like to have the autofill  but I guess I need to get the Alladinfixed first. At least to test my theory.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
My impression of the Aladdin system is that it exerts no control capacity over any feature.  It just measures and reports data.  The sensor at the bottom of the tank, that works by measuring the weight of water above it (pressure), may be fouled or otherwise compromised such that it "thinks" there is weight where there isn't.

That said, I don't have an Autofill and am not familiar with it;  when my tank is full the overfill valve releases excess water... no float switch shuts off the fill.  But if you do have Autofill in your coach, it sounds like a float switch in your tank may be stuck, so it can't send a signal to a (likely) relay that powers the Autofill solenoid, opening the valve.  But with multiple 12v electrical components involved, many suspects are possible.  I just doubt that the Aladdin is one of them, Neil.

Joel
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:30:21 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 10:21:00 PM »
Neil,

Don't know about the 05 PT but on my 06 the Aladdin has no power over the fresh tank fill valve, when I turn on (Fresh Fill Valve) switch the valve opens and my Aladdin thinks the fresh tank is full all the time. Take a multi-meter and test to see if there is 12V to and out of  the switch, and then test the solenoid on the valve.

steve zannella

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »
Joel

The Aladdin system could be part of the problem if your Aladdin system is reading fresh water at 100%. Your tank capacity settings or tank sensors may had been changed.  If your max fresh water max capacity is reached regardless to the actual amount of water in the fresh water tank, the Aladdin system will shut off the fill solenoid valve.

A easy way to test the Aladdin system is to go to Aladdin set up and temporally increase your max fresh water tank capacity setting from 100 gallons to 102 assuming you have a 100 gallon tank, and turn on auto fill. you should hear another 2 gallons going into you fresh water tank. If it doesn't I would check the solenoid valve for proper operation.

I have had issues with the solenoid valve on my 04 marquis and this is how it works.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 04:32:05 AM »
In our 2004 the fresh water, black and grey tanks' sensors have been rerouted away from the Aladdin and into the Silverleaf.  The Silverleaf knows the three tanks' capacities and reports both gallons of material in each tank as well as gallons of tank capacity empty.  My guess is the Aladdin and/or Silverleaf do not have any control over the fill valve.  In our case when the fresh water tank gets full it simply runs over onto the ground until the valve is manually closed or the water supply is shutoff.  As to the grey tank, we learned it backs up into the shower stall when full then runs over the edge of the stall onto the bathroom floor, then through the floor into the basement... that is, if we catch it before it goes either fore or aft into the kitchen or bedroom, respectively.  We have yet to find out where the black tank overflows... thank you very much.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 04:37:53 AM »
That grey water in the shower pan can really stink too. I of course put cases of coke in mine while camping once, then forgot to drain grey tank soon enough, yuk was the word, and more words from the boss!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl