Author Topic: 7 PSI Radiator Cap  (Read 7423 times)

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
7 PSI Radiator Cap
« on: October 04, 2015, 12:46:05 AM »
These are available from NAPA, made by Balkamp, part number 703-1460.
Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV

KC Snellgrove

Re: 7 PSI Radiator Cap
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »
THANK YOU Mike for this information. I did not ask, but wanted it anyway. By the way I just bought a 2014 Honda CRV. I hope to see you sometime. You are always a fountain of information.

KC Snellgrove
2005 Beaver Monterey - Olivia Jean.

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:39:46 PM »
KC,

I actually asked where to get the 7 psi cap and Jerry Carr guided me to NAPA.  I just added the info to the supplier list for future reference.

Enjoy your CRV, we love ours....We'll compare notes at one of the future Rally's.

Travel safe!
Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:12:02 PM »
Michael, Aftermarket parts for your Cat engine ahead will not save you money but cost you money.
You have a very big cost in your engine and engine is built and tested by Caterpillar using Caterpillar
parts. I have run into many failures because a aftermarket part failed. It is very hard with motorhome
owners going a different direction other than buying correct cat parts. The biggest one I find is non
use or aftermarket fuel filters in electronic cat engines ( price out a set of injectors for C-12 engine )
This is the end result of failure to use correct cat 2 micron fuel filters. Aftermarket sensors, engine
Thermostat non-cat, adding power chips to engine to name a few. I guess after reading many post
It's very hard to give out correct advice on caterpillar maintance when cost comes into play.
Dave Atherton retired Cat mechanic

john brunson

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »
Dave, it is interesting to me that the new thermostat I installed was actually a buck or two cheaper obtained directly from my CAT dealer... in my case, the replacement part was actually less $$$ from the dealer.