Author Topic: Brake Service Parts  (Read 4712 times)

Harvey Ziegler

• BAC Member
Brake Service Parts
« on: October 07, 2015, 04:38:01 PM »
I have a 2004 Beaver Monterey Newport on the Roadmaster M-Series chassis. I am attempting to do a complete service of the service brakes. Went removing the front brake drums I found that they have some major heat cracks in the drums and several square inches of
surface that has rusted material away. I am trying to source new brake drums but am not having much success. The existing drums are
WEBB brake drums with the number 65555 cast into the drum. The existing drums have 3 counter sunk holes on the wheel hub surface that hold the drum to the hub. How important is it to have these hols and bolts? Fleet Brake out of Calgary say they can get the WEBB drums out of Louisiana at a cost of $796 each plus tax. Do not know if this is in Canadian dollars or US dollars and if freight is included. This seems quite high.
Has anyone had this issue in getting brake service done? The local Monaco dealer is of no help. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Harvey & Marilyn Ziegler
2004 Monterey  Newport
350 HP Cummins ISC
2010 Jeep Wrangler

john brunson

Re: Brake Service Parts
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
page 21

http://www.webbwheel.com/severeduty/pdfs/2011Catalog.pdf

there is also a cross reference.

hope that helps
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 02:09:00 AM »
Harvey,
A cost of $796 each is very high, even in Canadian $. I would not expect to pay more the $200 to $250 US.

Gerald

Harvey Ziegler

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
Thanks John and Gerald for your reply's.
I thought the prices were quite high as well but then we checked with the local Monaco dealer and they came back with
a quote of $4000.00 for the pair plus shipping. I ended up having my drums turned as there was plenty of material there.
This got rid of the corrosion and some of the heat checks but not all of them. Need to adjust my driving a bit and run the
hills a little slower so the the exhaust brake can hold the coach in 3 gear.
Harvey & Marilyn Ziegler
2004 Monterey  Newport
350 HP Cummins ISC
2010 Jeep Wrangler

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 05:36:51 AM »
try using your exhaust brake more. Slow before needing to brake and learn to let the exhaust brake get you close to stpping. My 2001 Beaver brakes are still like new(originals)
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl