Author Topic: New Samsung Refrigerator  (Read 13723 times)

Roger Rempe

Re: New Samsung Refrigerator
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »
Can we see pictures of the 2006 Monterey how you put it in please.

Thank you

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 05:47:20 PM »
Very neat installation.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
We recently installed a new residential refrigerator also. We have not had any issues yet.I do wonder if this clip or part you are referring to  is needed on the newer model RF18.
I do know the older model RF197 was replaced by the RF18 and that is the model we just installed in March.It could be that the defrost problem with the longer clip or tube was corrected in the newer model.
Does anybody really know if this is the case or should I order this part?
Dan,
I have the subject fridge in the condo.  After a couple years of use, BJ found water in the right hand vegetable drawer.  Some odd combination of humidity, temperature and defrost cycle caused the normally open condensation drain to freeze shut with ice.  Therefore, the normal condensation drained into the drawer instead of the evaporation pan below.

The worst that can happen is you get some wet vegetables.   If you do, then you take it apart and put in the "new" longer clip. 

The clip hangs from a heating element that helps the defrost cycle.  I didn't buy the clip.  Instead I borrowed an idea from the internet and made my own with a piece of copper wire.  Marty did the same after he and Suzie got wet vegetables. 

The fix is about a 1 or 2 hour PITA job where you take everything out of the fridge including the shelves.  Then you unscrew and pop loose the back panel to get access to the iced up hole and the clip.  My suggestion to you is to leave it alone unless you get the wet veggies.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »
Can we see pictures of the 2006 Monterey how you put it in please.

Thank you

We've had our Samsung RF197 since 2012 and have not had a problem with the defrost drain.  I seriously doubt that it will be a problem with your new model.