Author Topic: Noisy heat fan -- Hurricane  (Read 4866 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Noisy heat fan -- Hurricane
« on: October 08, 2015, 04:19:44 AM »
The fan that pushes heat out the front register located in the center cabinet beneath the dash has started making a pretty horrible racket.  I suspect it needs a shot of WD-40 or replacement.  Question -- does anyone know exactly where the fan is located and how one gets access to it?

Larry

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Noisy heat fan -- Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:33:42 AM »
On my 2001 Contessa the front fan on mine is under the cd changer in the front floor console area. I would have to take the cd changer out to get access to it.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:12:24 AM »
If yours is like ours, then just above that heater unit is a cabinet that houses our DISH receiver, Bose box, and RF Mogul satellite dish control box... one stacked upon the other.  We had to take out all three items (the receiver, Bose box and dish control box) and then remove the wood floor these three items sat upon.  Four screws (I think it was) to remove the 1-foot square-ish floor piece, one at each corner of the floor piece, and wallah... the whole top of the heater unit is exposed.

In our case the fan was not operating.  After getting that floor piece removed we found a used, cut, black nylon tie had been left in there and the tie had worked its way into the fan to stop it.  Removed the tie and it has worked perfectly ever since.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:33:14 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 05:47:44 AM »
Assuming it is similar to an 01 Contessa, with a short Philips screwdriver you can remove the top of the heat exchanger box and access the muffin fan. When getting a new one, be sure you get a 12v DC model as they also come in AC versions.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Groves

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
In my '99 Marquis the drawer in that cabinet comes out by pressing the tabs on each rail and you can access the fan that way.  I replaced the one beneath my fridge when it stopped working.  I can find the invoice probably for that fan if you need a supplier.  The new fan pushes the same amount of air out on low speed as the original ones do on hispeed (I guess they are all getting weaker?).  I've though of replacing them all, but the one in the living room "desk" and the one in the bathroom seem a bit more difficult to get to.  I think perhaps the one in the bedroom can be accessed by removing 1 or both drawers built into the bed pedestal.

Mike