Author Topic: concord  (Read 7080 times)

James Murphy

concord
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »
Recently purchased a 33' beaver patriot concord. On all the reading i've done i have yet to find this model mentioned is it the only one manufactored?? also can anyone tell me where the fuses are located that control seat adjustments. Are they in elect compartment drivers side?? also where do you check brake fluid?? just learning. One more, what is recommended tire psi front and rear??

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: concord
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
33' is pretty unusual, esp. for a Patriot.  It would help, whenever you want assistance regarding your coach, if you include more information.  Many of us put our basic coach info in our Signature or Member Profile so it's visible with every post we make.  Model year, for example, would be good to know here for readers that might be able to answer your questions.

That said, most 12 volt system fuses or circuit breakers are in the front driver's side bay on most coaches.  It's also possible, since I believe you've said in a prior post that both seats' adjustment switches are inoperative, that there is a master fuse under the dash or elsewhere for that function.  Hopefully someone with experience with a similar model and year will chime in here, once you post more info.

Not sure about your specific brake fluid reservoir location, but Gerald or someone probably will steer you in the right direction.  

Tire pressure should be posted on an ID plate or two on the driver's side wall behind the driver's seat.  However, it is safe practice to get your coach weighed while fully loaded, and know its individual wheel weights.  RVSEF (Recreational Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation) can provide that service to you at many large rallies, or you can get at least front and rear axle weights at state or commercial scales.  RVSEF will send you coach-specific pressure recommendations a short while after weighing the rig.  If your coach is older, also make sure the tire type and size is appropriate to your motor home - who knows what a previous owner might have done.

And if you are just learning, you should, by the way, try to attend an RVSEF safe driver seminar/course, also at most large rallies.  If you can get to the FMCA convention in Redmond, OR, next month, DO IT!  You will learn more there than you ever imagined, as you will at a BAC rally where you meet people with rigs and experiences most like your own.  Most importantly, you will be a safer RV driver - for yourself and the rest of us that share the road with you.

You've already taken a great first step by joining the BAC and using the Forum to help become familiar with your Patriot.

- ;)Joel
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:22:28 AM by 14 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »
When Monaco purchased Beaver in 2002, they discontinued production of the 33 foot Patriot for the 2003 model year. The 33 foot Patriot was manufactured from 1993 (the first year for the Patriot) through 2002. There may have been a year or two where the 33 footers were not made, but I am not sure of that.

There was a small part of the upscale market that Beavers are in who loved the more maneuverable and lighter 33 footers, but since their cost was virtually the same as a 40 footer they never were a real big seller. However there were a few sold in most years.

I am not sure were the the seat fuses are located. I believe that the brake fluid reservoir is located between is located between the firewall and the front cap. As for the tire pressure, since no two coaches weigh the same when loaded, the correct tire pressure for a coach can only be determined by weighing the coach at all four corners and seeing how much weight is on each tire. You can then take the tire manufacture's load chart can determine the correct pressure. If you are in doubt run a higher pressure, even up to the maximum pressure on your tire's sidewall. Overinflated is always better than underinflated.

Gerald  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:21:36 AM by 14 »

James Murphy

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:01:05 PM »
2000 beaver patriot concord. Had new michelins put on. They recommended 130 psi front and 120 psi rear. Am having work done on brake calipers on front axle, new pads etc right now. Where can i get coach weighed?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
Babybeaver-

You seem to be some distance from a scale, if you are at Pawleys Island.  There is a state scale off exit 174 westbound on I-26, roughly 40 miles northwest of Charleston, and one eastbound also;  you need to call DOT for its availability to non-commercial vehicles.  There is a truckstop-type of scale at Pee Dee, between Florence and Marion, about 51 miles from you.  They likely will weigh you for a fee.  There are others not as close to you, and you can check them here: http://catscale.findlocation.com/results.aspx.

I am fortunate that Oregon has many scales along its state highways that are not usually busy like the ones off Federal Interstates, and one is only a mile from home if I need it.  They usually leave the scales on even when a State bull or DOT rep. isn't manning them, so I can just drive on one axle or wheel set at a time and see the digital readout on the post in front of me.  Unlike the ones on the Interstates, I have hardly ever encountered a truck at one on a state highway, so I can take my sweet time maneuvering to weigh each wheel set, each axle, the entire coach, and then the toad.

As mentioned in my previous post, however, the very best way to deal with coach weight and tire pressure questions is by having the RVSEF weigh it, and get their recommendations.  They will "personalize" their report specifically for your coach.  This is important because most coaches are not perfectly balanced side-to-side as loaded, and you need to know if there is any serious problem in that regard;  and your same-axle tire pressures need to be equal, reflecting the side with the heaviest load - RVSEF will help deal with that.  A blanket pressure recommendation from a tire dealer does not always zero in on your optimum circumstance, or your concerns regarding ride quality and handling vs fuel mileage.  

Attending one of RVSEF's seminars would be a feather in your cap.  Their website has inflation recommendations, etc., and you may find an opportunity to schedule a weighing and/or class.  Check them out here: http://rvsafety.com/custompagede9c.html?pg=aboutus.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mack Turner

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 02:07:16 AM »
Hello James Murphy do you still have the 33 Beaver Patriot Concorde if so please contact me. Thanks

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 02:32:02 AM »
Mack,
James Murphy is no longer a club member. Check your private messages for more info on Concorde owner.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp