Author Topic: Aladdin Monitor  (Read 5703 times)

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
Aladdin Monitor
« on: October 20, 2015, 11:41:17 PM »
My Aladdin Monitor has developed a thin like across the whole screen. No luck with instock parts with old Monaco. Called the manufacturer, ASA Electronics. Very helpful. Said its one of the drivers and it will only get worse. Great. An Internet search gave me some prices of $480 to $550 and up from there. Ouch. It is just a monitor and plugs into the Alladin Jr. So, called silverleaf. Nice systems but could not help unless I wanted a whole new system. Silverleaf did give me some info that was helpful. BYW, Aladdin Jt is working fine for now. Si;verleaf advised I might look into a 'composite monitor". These are under $200 and recommended any stereo shop could handle it. After all, only the monitor is going bad.

Has anyone done this? With the original monitor or a replacement monitor? I would be very interested in any and all experiences!!!!!

Thanks Ken 2007 Contessa
BAC members since 2006

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Aladdin Monitor
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:18:22 AM »
Ken,
I had an old GPS monitor which I no longer used.  Jim Sizemore at RV Outfitters moved all the data onto that monitor except for the camera function.  He left that on the Aladdin monitor and now I have data on the old GPS and a full time camera view on the old Aladdin.  Can't imagine that another monitor would not work for the Aladdin functions.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 06:18:29 AM »
 Ken,
I mounted this monitor above my Aladdin ( http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLVHR75-Widescreen-Headrest-Monitor/dp/B0009SURMY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1445404389&sr=8-8&keywords=7+inch+tft+monitor) and I am using it for the rear camera so I can keep the toad in constant view.  I did have the Aladdin information feeding into it and the rear camera feeding only the Aladdin monitor but I like the colors on the rear camera and new screen better.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:24:26 AM by Roy 'Chuck' Tyler »

Jim Shaw

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 01:43:50 PM »
Hi Chuck, I found the monitor on amazon. What was involved in moving the backup camera to the new monitor?
Thanks Jim
2003 Beaver Monterey

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Jim
I just unplugged one cable from the back of the Aladdin and ran it up to the new monitor.  I think I might have moved the other end of the cable that was attached to the Aladdin control box above the drivers chair, to another output on the control box.  It has been a couple of years since I did it and the memory fades....a lot.   Did I mention the memory fades?

I did not have to run new cable, of that I am sure.  I did have to find a 12 volt source for the new monitor.  I believe I ran the wire down into the electrical bay below the driver to get my connection.  The new monitor does have to be turned off and on with the button on the monitor as I did not connect it to an ignition key controlled circuit.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:29:45 PM by Roy 'Chuck' Tyler »

Jim Shaw

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 06:55:51 PM »
Thanks Chuck.

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »
Thanks to All who responded. The Pylar's had an identical monitor they were not using as they had upgraded to a Silverleaf. A fair trade was accomplished and it is in my hands. To Roy Tyler, I do like the new monitor colors.If this  one goes bad or the Aladdin breaks, Im on it.

Thanks to all Ken

BAC members since 2006