Author Topic: Dometic AC Not Cool  (Read 2569 times)

Jerald Cate

Dometic AC Not Cool
« on: February 24, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
I've had an intermittent problem with both my roof AC units since I've been in Florida.  The units are 15k BTU Penquin units w/heat pumps and the CCC2 thermostats.  I have seperate thermostats for each unit.  When I set the AC cooling to 70 degrees my compressor does not come on because my inside temperature reading on the thermostat is 32 degrees F.  My actual inside temperature for the coach is 80 degrees F. 

This is an intermittent problem where everything will work fine then all of a sudden quit.  It appears to act up more during high humidity days.

I've talked to Dometic customer service and they are absolutely no help.  Searching Google I've found several people having the same problem but no definitive fix.  Some recommend reset, tried it.  Some say the thermostat is bad, two thermostats at the same time I highly doubt it.  The one online diagnoses that makes sense to me is sweating on the thermostat or sensor connectors at the control board, tried blowing air on the connectors made no difference.

I think Dometic has a humidity issue they need to address that I'm going to keep pushing.  Just wondered in the mean time if anyone else may have seen this problem and identified a fix.