Author Topic: Electric Shift Select LED Display Module  (Read 5667 times)

JCMillerSr

Electric Shift Select LED Display Module
« on: November 05, 2015, 12:58:07 AM »
Spent some time today troubleshooting the LED Shift Select Display module.  Lately I had been noticing that the LED display seemed to dim over time making the letters/numbers illegible.  The current circuit board is a Stone Bennett #LA2-12.  Thanks to the guys at BCS I was directed to United Transmission Exchange in San Bernardino, CA for a replacement board (Part #21438).  During my discussion with United the gentleman suggested that I do a little troubleshooting first and make sure that all the grounding wires were properly connected and making good contact.  He stated that most of the time that is the problem with the LED display going dim and did not want to sell me a new unit only to have the same problem once installed.  He even offered to send me the complete wiring diagram for the unit so that I could check everything out.  Hats off to the parts guys at BCS and United Transmission Exchange for their superb customer service.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Electric Shift Select LED Display Module
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:39:54 AM »
JC,
If he sent you the wiring diagram, post it and we'll archive it in the Coach Assist section.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

JCMillerSr

Re: Electric Shift Select LED Display Module
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »
Steve,

Do not have the wiring diagram yet but the gentleman at United promised to email it to me today or tomorrow.  Will be glad to post as soon as I receive the info.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley