Author Topic: Tank level monitor  (Read 4711 times)

Daryl Beck

Tank level monitor
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »
I have a 2003 Monterey with the Alladin monitor system.  The tank level monitor has always worked satisfactorly until this trip when all three tank levels went to 0.  Recalibrating does not change anything.  Any suggestions as what to look for?   ??)

George Harwell

Re: Tank level monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:53:13 PM »
In the small cabinet above and left of the driver seat you will find a switch on the forward bulkhead that should be labeled ALLADIN RESET. Try resetting the system with the switch. If I recall about 15 seconds in reset mode should do the trick. Good luck.

Daryl Beck

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:48:37 AM »
Did the reset thing to no avail.  Could it be in the wiring and if so where would I look for the problem?

George Harwell

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »
Daryl, try cycling the coach power switch located on the bulkhead in the stepwell. I never touched mine until recently when I noticed a problem with the battery system. Guess the contacts got corroded from lack of use and turning it on and off several times solved my problem. Good luck. I also found some info at:

irv2.com/forums/f115/aladdin-system-63364.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:01:47 PM by 350 »

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »
On my 2004 Monterey tank gauges quit too.  

The Aladdin system has modules scattered around the rig.  Turned out the problem was the module in the tank bays.  

On mine that module is located behind the first door forward of the right drive wheels that does not have the regular handle.  It has hidden latches at the bottom.  Beaver put it together so that when I drove in the rain water flying off the drive wheel penetrated an unsealed gap between the wheel well and tank bay.  The module was attached in the perfect spot to get the brunt of the water spray.   Since I don't drive in the rain all the time, it took about three years for the effects of the water to kill the module.  I got it replaced at a Monaco sponsored rally when they were still in business.  The Monaco tech replaced it and said I would get a bill for the part, but I never did.  The only trouble shooting he did was to see the muddy water on the module and decide it was ruined.    

It may have only been dirty.  Cleaning of the plug and socket contacts may have been all that was necessary.  

With the new module I created a "rain hood" for it with duct tape because I couldn't find the leak.  (Honest!)  I bought several cans of undercoat and worked on the wheel well, but that didn't work.  Finally, last year (just before the Quartzite Rally) I spent a day poking around with a putty knife and found that the top front corner of the wheel well had enough space for the putty knife to easily slide into the tank bay.   I sealed it and for the first time in 80,000 miles the module and the rest of the stuff in the tank bay doesn't get muddy anymore.

With old Monaco out of business I don't know where you would buy Aladdin parts other than to try Beaver Coach Sales.