Author Topic: SMC Manifold rebuild?  (Read 5860 times)

Bruce Sieloff

SMC Manifold rebuild?
« on: November 20, 2015, 01:15:09 AM »
Has anyone had their SMC manifold rebuilt?
I have been trying to get my leveling system addressed for several months, even made a detour to Alliance Coach in Florida to no avail. Their analysis was that no "information" is going to the manifold and it was beyond them.
I just had my system reassessed and I have good hydraulic pressure into the manifold and nothing coming out.
The hose coming in is hard and the out flow hoses  can be doubled over with one hand.
The nature and characteristic of the failure points to a mechanical issue, almost like a clogged filter, leading to a system that degraded to uselessness, rather than an abrupt stop. The pump screams, but no action. As of yet no one has found a bad ground.
I would like to eliminate the manifold as a cause .
I'm in San Antonio, Tx and am looking for a good hydraulic repair facility.
Is the SMC manifold so one off that the engineering makes it impossible to repair?

Jerald Cate

Re: SMC Manifold rebuild?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:58:28 AM »
Bruce,

I can't help you much with the hydraulics but if you're in San Antonio I would recommend Iron Horse RV they are familiar with many Beaver coach models.  Talk to Daryl or Jared at (210) 657-1996 they might be able to help.

Bruce Cate

Joel Weiss

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Bruce,

I can't help you much with the hydraulics but if you're in San Antonio I would recommend Iron Horse RV they are familiar with many Beaver coach models.  Talk to Daryl or Jared at (210) 657-1996 they might be able to help.

Bruce Cate

Iron Horse is an excellent shop but a cautionary note is that they charge an "insane" markup of >50% on parts and subcontract work (if needed).  They did a great job on my coach last spring but that markup can really add up.

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »
Bruce, If you find "that" is really the problem and it can not be rebuilt, I have a new manifold I will sell. My system was once diagnosed as that being bad but that was not the problem so I have one that I don't need. If interested PM me. Marty

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »
Bruce,
If there is no voltage (control signal) going to the leveling system manifold, it can not work. It sounds like your problem is a defective control module, and if so, it is time for a manual conversion or an HWH air leveling system.

Gerald

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »
Thanks Gerald, I think I'm going to contact BCS about shipping the keypad controllers back (I ended up with two and have no idea if either works properly) and having them confirm that they are or are not functional.
To test for 12 volt output, is there a primary selenoid that arms the system or must each jack be tested separately? It would seem that if none work there must be a common point where they all receive power.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »
Bruce,
The common point is the control module. If it is receiving power, and it must be if it is powering the pump, you need to check for power at each solenoid on the manifold. If the solenoids are not receiving power, you have a bad control module or a wiring problem. Most likely it will be a bad module, but you need to check the wiring (power and ground) to be sure.

Gerald

John Demartini

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 07:01:36 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone on this post is still active, but Marty said he had a manifold that he would sell.  Is that is available?
John Demartini
2000 Patriot Princeton
3126B / 3000 Allison
Toad 2009 CR-V
Demco tow bar
RVi Shadow