Author Topic: Water heater woes!  (Read 3197 times)

Ted Couch

Water heater woes!
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:02:08 AM »
 :'(  We have to replace our water heater in our 1989 Beaver Marquis. It is still the original and the brand is no longer manufactured. We have a 10-gallon tank and are wondering if anyone else has had to replace one of these in their coach. It has a DSI and only propane powered. It looks like Suburban took over the company but the 10-gallon tanks we find from them are all smaller than ours. Ours measures 18 x 18 inches. If you have gone through this let us know what you did. Thanks for the help and opinions once again. Ted and Val

Ted Couch

Re: Water heater woes!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:17:15 PM »
We have gone ahead and ordered a new Suburban water heater to be replaced Thursday at Bob's RV here in Hemet. Fingers crossed it lasts as long as our last one!
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Water heater woes!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
Not that many here have water heaters, and even fewer have probably ever replaced them, Ted.  Thus the lack of responses so far.  26 years is a long life.  Draining properly and caring for the burner and any sacrificial rod on a regular basis is paramount to longevity.  If we still had the old Pace Arrow and needed to replace the water heater (Atwood as I recall), I'd likely go with one with an electric option so my park fees would be paying for its use, rather than use additional propane I have to buy.  From what I've read, today's water heaters are somewhat improved over those from the 80's.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat