Author Topic: Sourcing brake parts  (Read 5937 times)

john brunson

Sourcing brake parts
« on: November 30, 2015, 02:45:38 AM »
1996 Monterey 36' Magnum Blue Streak chassis, Hydraulic over hydraulic brakes. 

Can anyone provide me with appropriate part numbers for brake pads? And a good source for these parts?

Who is the source of knowledge on such things?

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Sourcing brake parts
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 03:32:38 AM »
I would call Larry in parts at BCS.  He would have the numbers and probably a source.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bob Wilgus

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:17:36 AM »
 Ott's Friction Supply in Portland, OR. is a good source.  I've been buying brake parts for heavy trucks and motorhomes from them for many years.  I'm local so am able to walk in the door with odd parts and they can almost always help. They also have some upgrade options. Cryogenically treated rotors, better pad materials, ect.  For obsolete parts they do re-lining of your existing components.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »
Any good heavy duty truck parts store or NAPA can get them.  You need the casting number off the calipers (both front and rear).  These are very common medium duty truck parts.
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

john brunson

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
thanks guys... hope to do an inspection here really soon... Electrical motor problem with the shop air compressor has to be dealt with first...

john brunson

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:48:25 AM »
Ok so apparently we have Bendix 55252 brake calipers...  Rear ones look great and front ones have slight damage to the rubber boot that keeps dust out of the Pistons. Very mild heat checking on front rotors... Hoses look respectable and plenty material left on pads... Next move here is to locate the resivoir for the master cylinder and flush with fresh DOT3 fluid.  After that we will investigate swapping out the Dextron3 on the boost side... (No air brakes on this ride)

As an aside, the inexpensive Chinese Amazon.com torque multiplier let me remove those huge lug nuts with my left hand! Almost 500 pounds of torque and they back right off with no strain at all...  It even removed the one that was cross threaded and put on with the impact....  60 mile trip to Loves truck stop and $4 got me a fresh lug nut .....Best $50 I spent in a while.