Author Topic: Hot Water Not Lasting Long - Hydro-Hot HHE-500  (Read 15176 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Hot Water Not Lasting Long - Hydro-Hot HHE-500
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »
So, Bill, do you know if the "improved" part of the new improved stir pump that finally gave you satisfaction uses a different type of coupling, i.e. - not magnetic?  Just wondering for those of us that have yet to experience this apparently common coupling failure, and may need to know someday.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 12:56:35 AM »
So, Bill, do you know if the "improved" part of the new improved stir pump that finally gave you satisfaction uses a different type of coupling, i.e. - not magnetic?  ....
Joel,
No, I don't know.  It was a lot bigger and John had to create a new mounting method.

RebeccaKlein

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 03:14:46 PM »
Good morning all. I thought I would give everyone an update on the Aqua-hot system. I took my coach to Cummins Central Coach Care in Kansas City. The service people are extremely knowledgeable and great to work with. After testing all parts of the unit, performing a much needed maintenance on it and changing the hearings on a one year old rebuilt unit they came to the conclusion that it was indeed the mixing Val e. They replaced the valve and I drove back to the campground. The unit worked great for one day this time, instead of no hot water, I had no heat! Kansas City and no heat do not mix. I called and they sent a mobile repair unit to me since I was "iced in" from the ice storm the day prior. They did not have a new pump but did bring two used devices. They determined that it was the internal bearing this time and replaced my pump free of charge. I now have both heat and plenty of hot water.

I am finding that my coach hates the cold as much as I do since I am now having trouble with my main slide and my leveling g arms. I have posted this under a new thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! 

Thanks again for your assistance and have a tremendously blessed New Year!!