Author Topic: no water flow  (Read 5338 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
no water flow
« on: August 29, 2010, 01:52:14 AM »
I have a new problem 06 Pat Thunder, I have no water flow with the pump on, I do have water on the city system.

The pump is working but is just pushing air, pump cavatation so no water going to the pump.
I did check the Red hat valve while operation the autofill but could feel no movement or hear any noise.

This just started yesterday, the auto fill and water pump switches both located at the service bay area are both not working,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I am not Dry camping so I am OK for now I did call Ken at Bend but he was not able to help me so far, I do plan on calling Bend on Monday unless I can fix the problem.

I think it may be a common problem like a fuse but I have no idea how to find the power

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Gerald Farris

Re: no water flow
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:52:28 AM »
Jerry,
Apparently your water tank is empty and the pump is trying to maintain a higher pressure than your city water supply is able to provide so it is just pumping air.

Check the voltage at the auto fill solenoid with the fill switch on. If there is 12V to the solenoid and the ground is good, you have a bad solenoid. If there is no power to the solenoid, check the switch for power. If the switch is working properly, you probably have a problem with the multiplex system that will require a good electrician or a lot of hunting.

Ken may be able to help with fuse locations or maybe some other 06 Thunder owner knows.

Gerald    

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »
Hi Gerald, I now have a full tank of fresh water.  I will try the voltage, but at this time I think this is the problem.  I will let you know a little later this morning
Jerry
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:33:39 PM by 14 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »
Yeah it's fixed, but here is what I did.  The issue was "I had no water flow with the water pump running"  

1. Checked for power at the switches (no power was found)
2. Pulled the inlet filter ( it was clean)

I called Bend to discuss the problem with Ken, he then contacted Monaco for help.

3. Jason, with Monaco, called me for review of the above items.  He first suggested that I blow the inlet line with air thinking it was clogged, but he suggested that I pull the outlet pipe from the tank to see whats in the line.  I traced the pipe as far as the winterizing manifold.

4. At this point Jason asked me to check the winter system.  This has a 2 position switch that should be in normal.
5. This was not the case.  At some point this last week, I must have bumped the switch.  Once it was reset everything is now normal.

Yeah Jason

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:39:05 AM by 14 »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13