Author Topic: Bedroom slide gear box and/or motor  (Read 5941 times)

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
Bedroom slide gear box and/or motor
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
All,

Have a bent shaft and bad bushing on the gearbox for the rear bedroom slide.  Trying to locate a replacement, but it may come as a complete unit (motor and gearbox).  Monaco is checking on availability and lead time, but was wondering if anyone has had this issue in the past? 

Appreciate your comments.

Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV

Rod Ogle

Re: Bedroom slide gear box and/or motor
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:27 AM »
Mike

We also had our slide out mechanism go bad in our 04 PT.  Very few parts are available from Monaco.  The most useful thing Monaco did was to provide me a diagram of the slide out hardware.  If you have the same setup, it was called a "Quick Draw" system, using an electric motor, gears and bicycle chain to move the slide in and out.  Lippert bought out the company that made the original system and they still have the motor in stock but not much else.  We finally took our coach to Elite RV repair in Harrisburg OR, they took all the gear out and sent it to a local machine shop for fabrication of worn/broken parts.  Took about two weeks and $2500 to make the fix.  :( :(  Hope this helps. 

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 01:08:07 AM »
Michael, if it is the same mechanism as our 07 Contessa it was made by Lippert components. I have been able to find repair parts on Ebay or Amazon.
07 Contessa
C9;400HP

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 01:48:30 AM »
Michael Rump, local machine shop can repair bent shaft and build bushing for very little
Cost. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »
Rod, Don and Dave,

Thank you for your comments.  There are assemblies on eBay, but I need to make sure they will work.  Really need to find the six digit Lippert part number for my unit.  Still trying to sort out our best option, and will update the forum when complete. 

Best regards,
Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV