Author Topic: Help ... Please. SMS/magnum Leveling System and Main slide not working  (Read 17962 times)

RebeccaKlein

Re: Help ... Please. SMS/magnum Leveling System and Main slide not working
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 02:02:08 PM »
I had a repair person out here for 3 hours yesterday and he was baffled by the system. I was very surprised since Cummins Central is a major coach repair place here in Kansas City. They have done everything else perfect. I have the repair person the phone number for Monaco and they have spent him the specs. He did not charge me for his 4 hours yesterday for which I am very thankful.

I did find another post on the forum from 2014 that describes my exact problem. The owner ended up taking his coach in for service. i sent him a message so I am hoping to get a reply today. I want everyone who has answere and tried to help me know how much I appreciate the help you have given me.

Thanks again and I do hope everyone has a wonderful day. Cold and freezing rain here in Kansas City today. Although I love Kansas City I do appreciate my warmer weather in Arizona.

RebeccaKlein

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 08:00:30 PM »
Has anyone had any luck at all finding service for a coach in Kansas City. I have had this problem with my jacks for well over 2 weeks. Cummins Central Power has been here twice, once when dealing with my hydro-hot and the second time was to install the part by-passed for the hydro hot and to fix the leveling jacks.

The tech looked at the hydraulic system but didn't even get under the coach to see if I was full of hydraulic fluid. I am still leaning to the left front and still cannot pull in my jacks or main slide

While the tech was here I put him in touch with Monaco. He called and was emailed the information on the SMC system. He left promising to research the issue and come back two days later to fix it. This is day 4. I got a call to schedule an appointment for today. I called this morning to ask them to call me back when he was on his way. I was told he would be loading the van and leaving around noon. At 12:30 I arrived back at the coach from the hotel (about 30 miles). I received a call from my contact with Cummins and was told that their tech was "stuck" on another job and would not be able to make it back here until Monday. Meanwhile, still leaning and still stock on leveler ....

I then asked info was first on the list for Monday. Of course not ... A radio installation is much more important ... 

Sorry for the rant but as you can see I am quite frustrated. If anyone knows of any other reliable service in the Kansas City area please let me know.

Thank you!!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:45 AM »
Rebecca, perhaps it would ease some frustration if you called Beaver Coach Sales and talked to Ken in service.  Sometimes just a friendly informed voice is easier and he understands.
1-541-322-2184
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 04:29:01 PM »
REBECCA
Have you heard of the website RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM?  It is a list by state of RV Service places and customers reviews.  You might want to check it out and see if there are other places near your location that might able to provide assistance.

Leah

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »
Rebecca,

Frustration and having motorhome issues go hand in hand. There are so many different systems in these homes on wheels I guess no mechanic in the World can be expected to know how they all work. I have had my coach at a few places for repairs and had good luck, but the negative have outweighed the positive experiences I have had.

I have tried to do most of my own work to avoid taking it anywhere. At least I know that it is done correctly, even if it may take three times as long to do it. The suggestion to call BCS and speak to Ken is your best bet as SMC era leveling systems are not well known systems and most mechanics have no idea what they are getting involved with.

I wish you luck on getting the answers you need to get it all sorted out.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 04:07:26 AM »
Rebecca,
I feel your pain, we are currently stuck in Yuma with the same situation, no jacks and now no slides. Your hydraulic pump is designed to operate (according to our tech) at 3000 psi. After testing ours we found 500 psi at the pump. We are now trying to source a new pump. We had the coach in for repair of the SMC leveling system, it wouldn't go down and wouldn't retract. They got them to distend but not retract and after taking the manifold retract valve apart and cleaning it to no effect we left with no jack resolution. We had experienced no problems with the slides up to the morning we took it in for repair. Back at our RV site we discovered that now the slides won't budge either. The Techs response after taking a pressure reading at the pump was that the god of coincidence had killed the pump while he worked on it. I have no leverage to dispute this. He has a good rep in the Beaver community but a hearty shrug and sh*t happens is the best I got. He will help with part numbers but we have prior commitments and can't simply have the pump sourced and installed in the next 3 days. We are going to be stuck with slides in for at least 10 days after we get to Phoenix. Sometimes when they work on it things get worse. Have your guy run a pressure test on your pump (10 min.) before he tears anything apart so you know for sure.
Bruce.