Author Topic: Leaking air lines at compressor  (Read 3520 times)

Gorde Lang

• BAC Member
Leaking air lines at compressor
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:36:48 AM »
Hello fellow Beavers and thank you for all your help on all the issues we are having on our 2000 Marquis Tourmaline.

Now we need help on a 1/4" blue line that is leaking air rapidly from the compressor on the right hand side of the C12 engine. When you put your hand at the bottom of the 90 degree elbow where the 1/4" blue line comes out air is escaping quickly. How can I fix that issue?
2012 Winnebago Tour

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Leaking air lines at compressor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »
Gorde, take a picture of the area you think is leaking, take it to a Truck dealer and ask them to assist in getting the right fittings to repair.  They should be more than qualified to help.  Good luck!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:29:29 PM »
The only 1/4" lines to and from the compressor are for the governor, which controls the compressor. It tells the compressor when to the system needs air and when the air pressure it up. Probably vibrated loose or is cracked, you probably have enough play in the line to remove it and cut out the bad section, add new ferrol and insert and tighten it up.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
Gorde:
              If the elbow is a quick connect for the air line, a solution is to trim off about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch on the hose and then slip it all the way back in the fitting. These lines will over time get a depression where the collar of the connector pinches the line and can be pro to leaking. I have had to do this with several lines on my 01 when I had it. Make sure it is trimmed squarely and then make sure you push the line back in completely. It's an easy fix, if that it the problem, which it sounds to me , it is. Also do this with the engine shut down.

Hope this Helps.          Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15