Author Topic: Front Jack won’t stay locked down  (Read 1341 times)

Blaine Matuga

Front Jack won’t stay locked down
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:20:16 PM »
I have a 2005 P.T. The front Jack releases  back up to the retracted position after coach has been leveled. The back jacks stay put.  My assumption is the oil is bypassing through a proportional valve or a solenoid valve.
Is there a post on this?   Or anyone else have a solution. Thanks so much

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Front Jack won’t stay locked down
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 04:20:21 PM »
Blaine
What manufacturer made your leveling system
RVA ,HWH,
check at your hydraulic valve block to make sure the manual dump valves are all closed and look carefully for any signs of hydraulic leaks on the hose headed to that from jack and on the jack ram itself.
There should be two solenoid valves for each jack these valves have an electric coil on them which is held in place with a nut
Once the coil is removed the valve can be screwed out of the valve body (only do this with all the jacks retracted)
With the valve removed check the O rings on both valves for damage ( possible leak by) if not damage move one valve at a time to another jack control spot on the manifold to see if the leak down follows that valve ie if you move the retract valve from the front jack position on the manifold to the right rear position and the leak down now is in the right rear you have identified the faulty valve.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Blaine Matuga

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 04:33:22 PM »
Thanks for the info. This will help allot. I have an HWH checked the manual retract valves they operate properly.
I am thinking you are right I assume that an oring or seating is not happening. Crawling back under again. Blaine

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 10:09:58 PM »
Blaine
If you look in the coach assist library you will find the HWH 600 SERIES service manual under leveling systems
It may be of use in your quest.

Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.